Help select 4 seats Pontiac Montana 2003

canadiannancy

After getting the runaround, the lat I have heard from STATE farm was that I just needed to buy "comparable seats" and bring the receipts to my agent for reimbursement.

So I have now remeasured the kids, since weights were....off in my earlier estimates.

Kyra is 45lbd and 42 inches(5 yeasr)
zoe is 40 lbs and 40 inches(3 years)
callie is 38 lbs and 37 inches(2 years)
xavier is 23 lbs and 30 inches(one year)

I have been offered a loan with confirmation insurance will reimburse to get the kids into non crashed seats. What would be recommendation for all of them? Ideally I would like them all harnessed, due to a lot of driving and oldest so not being ready for belt positioning booster yet, and if possible convertible rearfacing for the youngest 2.

The "new" vehicle is a 2003 Pontiac Montana extended.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ADS

amyd

I only have experience with an 8, but it's a pretty good vehicle for installing seats, in my experience. I would look at Graco Nautiluses for the older 2, a Radian Premier or XT (for the 45lb RFing weight) for Callie and for the baby, my suggestions to look at would be the First Years True Fit, Graco My Ride, Radian (any model would be fine), or the Safety First Complete Air. I don't think you'll get a Radian RFing the the third row (at least I wasn't able to, but didn't have a ton of time to fiddle...it was a friend's vehicle), so I'd probably put the forward facers back there and the rear facers in the captains chairs. Are you able to put one captains chair in the middle of that van? If not, you'll have the forward facers crawling under/around rear facing seats to get in the third row. Or you could do one forward facer & one rear facer in each row. Your 2 year old could probably climb into her seat herself or I find it quite easy to load rear facing kiddos through the hatch in that van. The True Fit goes in the third row nicely.

Hope that gives you a place to start.

ladybug_mom

How many TA's are in the back row? I know when we looked at buying an 07 model the only TA was in the middle of the back bench, which made it virtually impossible to get anyone else in the back row unless it was a RF'ing seat with a booster or one in a seatbelt already.

amyd

The 07 is a different generation than the 01-05s. The 04 I have experience with had TA in all 6 rear seating positions. A seven passenger with captains chairs will have 2 full sets of LATCH/UAS in the captains chairs. What's in the third row depends on whether it's a bench (no lower anchors but 3 TAs) or the stowable seats (1 TA only).

canadiannancy

Radians and Nautiluses were just out of the budget at the moment, Although if we have another little one I think we will need a radian to make 5 fit in the back. There are tethers 3 in the back and two in each of the captains in the middle. Anybody have experience will say what 4 true fits will fit in a 7 seater 2003 montana?

amyd

Yes, 4 True Fits will fit. You'll only be able to RF the youngest, though, since they have a 35lb RFing limit. You may need to put the RFing seat in one of the captains chairs, depending on the angle you need. They are pretty upright in the third row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC