3 across in minivan?

AWW

Can someone tell me what seats they've successfully used to get three across in the rear bench of a minivan? We're going on a road trip next weekend with friends = three forward facing seats + one rearfacing. I'm hoping to get 3 seats in the back bench (2006 Grand Caravan with Stow n Go). If anyone has been successful with this please let me know - I can FF on passenger outboard and centre seat and RF will have to be driver side outboard (due to tether locations, centre seat by factory and I'm adding to passenger side outboard).
The seats I have on hand are:
True Fit
Eddie Bauer Elite (no base, model is a couple of years old)
Nautilus
Evenflo Triumph

And I think the seat my friend has that we can use are either two Evenflo Titans or one Titan and one Alpha Omega.

I really don't want to have to purchase a different seat as four seats for two kids is as excessive as I can have without DH getting annoyed, and I just dished out $150 for the part to add the second rear tether. I can do two seats in the back and have an adult sit, but the back bench is rather uncomfortable and it would be too squishy so I'd rather have a middle captains seat available for the third adult (3 adults, 4 kids).

Thanks for any suggestions - I don't have much free time this week to spend reconfiguring carseats.
Pam.

ADS

AWW

Um, no, I wasn't aware there was one - I did a search but maybe I searched for the wrong terms. Would you mind directing me to where the thread is - I don't frequent the boards often and don't know my way around as much.

Pam.

equilibrium

We have an 06 Grand Caravan with Stow and Go seats. I was reading up in the manual and it says do not have three seats with latch in the back bench-only two so one (can't remember what it said for placement) would have to be with seatbelt I assume. I was surprised by this and always assumed three across with latch would work with the latches there.

AWW

There is only one latch and factory installed tether in the back bench - middle seat. It's like in my 2006 van, in the 2007 vans, 2009 and 2010 vans I've dealt with (I'm going to assume 2008 but I haven't worked with one myself). The UAS is off centred in the middle position, so I'll be using seat belt installation for all and adding on the second tether to a outboard position.
I quickly tossed my Evenflo Triumph (outboard, RF), AOE (FF, middle, no base) in the back and it looks like there will definitely be room for another seat with how the ET and AOE puzzle together, yay. I still need to install the second tether and install the seats properly but it looks like I can manage it easier than I thought to get the three seats back there.

Pam.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC