Swedish Rear-Facing Tether Pictures?

CRS

Senior Community Member
Does anyone have any pictures of Swedish seats and their rear-facing tethers? Would be interested to see !

ADS
L

lenats31

Here are the tether straps on the Britax Multi-Tech:

From door on passenger side:

Marts2008007.jpg

Other side:

Marts2008008.jpg

Lena

CRS

Senior Community Member
Aww that was really nice of you taking pictures Lena - thank you! I started this thread almost exactly a year ago I think! Wow how far things have come, I actually have two Swedish seats of my own now though. I love your pictures. Would it be ok if I put them on my website at some point?

What do you think of your car seat? I'm trying to decide what Swedish seat I'll get next.

L

lenats31

I love your pictures. Would it be ok if I put them on my website at some point?

What do you think of your car seat? I'm trying to decide what Swedish seat I'll get next.

Hi,

Yes, you can put them on your website. Will you give the link to your site??

It is like the Britax Regent - installing it is difficult the first time. But when you get the hang of it...... piece of cake!

The car is a Peugeot 307SW (minivan). We have plenty of legroom on the front passenger side of the car.

On the day we got the seat. Mathias was in a CRAP mood all the home from Sweden (1½ hour drive that felt like 6 hours)

These photos were taken right after we came home:

Marts2008009.jpg

Marts2008006-1.jpg

Lena

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I LOVE that green in the seat! And I'd totally import it if it came with the cute baby! ;)

As an aside, the more I've been researching, the more it seems that bracing (i.e. that foot) is really the way to go if you're going to RF tether. Why don't they put on a foot in North America? It seems we're doing is half-bummed here with just the tether portion. The only way we can brace is to rely on the seat in front which might also move forward in an accident and not brace as well as we think. I want a foot!

CRS

Senior Community Member
I LOVE that green in the seat! And I'd totally import it if it came with the cute baby! ;)

As an aside, the more I've been researching, the more it seems that bracing (i.e. that foot) is really the way to go if you're going to RF tether. Why don't they put on a foot in North America? It seems we're doing is half-bummed here with just the tether portion. The only way we can brace is to rely on the seat in front which might also move forward in an accident and not brace as well as we think. I want a foot!

I have two different Swedish seats, neither of them have a foot.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Really? Okay, so maybe bracing with the seat is good enough? ARGH, this is so confusing!

Well I certainly think it is. I'd love a "foot" though but they're only any good if you have a head on frontal crash with another vehicle, I think.

katiesmommy

No idea on the price, I never heard a definate answer back. Lenats, if you see this, how much is the Multi-Tech? I'm not 100% sure if I want the foot, that's what's throwing me. Eh, I figure I got another year before it's vital that I figure something out.

Lara

Not Lena (hiya my illegal carseat buddy! ;) ) but,

The Two-way is cheaper than the Multi-tech. It will also last longer. The multi tech's back is maybe a little taller, but you can't use it till the tips of their ears are even with the shell because at that point their shoulders would be squished up under the wings. Thats just the conclusion I've come to anyways. I'm getting a Two-way over the multi tech for that reason :)

The multi-tech is 3500 SEK which is about $583
The Two-way is 2495 SEK so about $415. but I guess the TW is being discontinued, so you can find it on sale (1709 SEK ~$284) is what I was told.

minismom

Lena, I might be going to Stockholm this summer. Can you recommend a good baby store where I can see (and maybe buy) a Britax seat?
Thanks!

Lara

They're discontinuing the TW!! OMG I needa get another one LOL

LOL! Thats just what someone on the norwegian carseat board told me. I guess a salesperson at the store she got it from had a britax rep tell her it was being discontinued in favor of the multi tech. I'll see what my friend comes back with...I told him to try babyproffsen first because that's where they were supposedly on clearance.

L

Lenats31

I don´t know which one is better than the other heightwise. The MT has a height adjustable headsupport, which grows above the MT restraint shell. It is completely level with the restraint shell in the lowest slot. The child has outgrown the seat when the tips of the ears are level with the top of the head support in the top slot. The integrated 5-point harness "grows" with the head support. So you will not have to remove the restraint from the car in order to adjust it.

Mathias is 10 months old, his height was meassured to 77 cm at 8 months old. I think he is just over 80 cm now. He is in lowest slot and still as room to grow in that slot.

Price-wise: The Two-Way is cheaper than the MT.

Divide the CM numbers by 2.54, and you´ll have his height in inches.

MT head support in the top slot:

Marts2008001-1.jpg

Sideview:

Marts2008002-1.jpg

I think, the "downside" of these restraints is that, they are not as easy to move from one car to another as other restraints are. Not even, when you "know" the seats really well.

One more thing to remember is that the These Scandinavian rearfacing restraints MUST NOT rest on the front seat. They CAN touch it, but just barely. The best thing is to install the restraints on a 10 millimeter/1 cm distance from the front seat, which can be done easierly.

These stores sell the Britax seats:

http://www.britax.se/aflista.htm#S

The MT retails for 3500 SEK in Sweden and about 3000-3200 NOK in Norway

Aaaaannnnndddd if any of you THOUGHT you saw a Regent in Madison next to the MT in the photos. WELL, this is what ILUVBABIES means by calling me "illigal car seat buddy" - really cool carseat HE HE! Europe has crappy booster seats. Only ONE has an integrated 5-point harness to 80 lbs/36 kg. Britax Traveller Plus, which is the same seat as the Regent only with a head support pillow and a much much higher retail price.

Lena

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC