Question Britax Chaperone or Chicco Keyfit travel system

puglover333

I can't decide between the two. I can get either for essentially the same price.

I know the carseats are comparable. The biggest difference being the depth of the Britax seat once installed.

What are the pros and cons of these strollers? I haven't been in the stroller business for several years.

ADS

autumnlily

I often don't recommend travel systems. 1. Because either the seat is great or the stroller is great, but not to the same liking at the same time, 2. Because I love the ease of some other single strollers.

I prefer the Britax Stroller. But LOVE the Chicco Keyfit install. Is the Chicco a 22lb or 30lb seat in the travel system you are looking at?

I really like the no thread harness on the Chaperone though. Tough call - both are nice seats.

Both the Britax Chaperone and Chicco Keyfit snap in to the latest Baby Trend Snap N Go. It is around $50 new and so very very light and folds extremely small. If you plan on some major terrain walking - it might not be the best option, but neither would the Britax or Chicco strollers (although they will do better for the tough terrain than the Snap N Go).

Then, buy a higher quality stroller when baby is ready. Just my :twocents:

canadiangie

Just buy a stand alone seat (meaning not a car seat/stroller combo). Neither the Chaperone stroller or the Cortina stroller thrill me.

Not that I advocate leaving baby in their car seat for a long time, but for quick in/out trips you simply can't beat having a frame stroller. Just snap the car seat on and go. Then follow it up with either a full featured lightweight alterrain (Valco Trimode is one example), or a full featured lightweight compact (Maclaren Quest or Britax Blink) depending on your lifestyle and you're done. For the in between times when all you have is a frame stroller but you don't want to leave baby in his/her car seat for too long, you ought to consider a good baby wearing device. Something like an Ergo or a basic wrap.

Now, if you absolutely insist on going with a boxed travel system, I would, I suppose, opt for the Cortina & KeyFit combo over the Britax combo.

p.s. unofficially, the Chicco KeyFit car seat works really well with the Graco adapter kit for the Valco trimode. If you blended the two together you would have the best of all worlds. As well, the Peg Perego Si works lovely with the Chicco KeyFit car seat. Again, blending the two together and you'd have a really nice set up.

HTH's'

capeKO71

The new b-ready britax stroller is very cool. It similar to the new baby jogger. They clearly are playing on the phil & ted's craze... but I really like how the add on seat is placed. So it might be a good option if you plan on having more kiddos. It would work similar to a snap & go for the first few months.

puglover333

So, seems like people aren't big fans of travel systems.

I had thought about going with the snap and go then moving to a different stroller later.

I like the looks of the Baby jogger City Mini. Is that a good choice?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
So, seems like people aren't big fans of travel systems.

I had thought about going with the snap and go then moving to a different stroller later.

I like the looks of the Baby jogger City Mini. Is that a good choice?

Awesome choice. I think there is a bar sold that can turn any Baby Jogger into a "travel system," but I am not sure if it works with ALL Baby Joggers or only with some. I'll go research...

ETA: Yup! There is a bar for the Citi Mini. :) They sell a "multi-model" and a "Chicco" model. :)

puglover333

The new b-ready britax stroller is very cool. It similar to the new baby jogger. They clearly are playing on the phil & ted's craze... but I really like how the add on seat is placed. So it might be a good option if you plan on having more kiddos. It would work similar to a snap & go for the first few months.

I'm not planning on more kids, so the add on seat feature isn't important to me. I really like the looks of the b-ready, but $500 is a lot to spend. I'm wondering what the other two strollers in that line will feature, they are both cheaper. They haven't been released yet though.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would go P3. I know there is another like it, just can't remember what that is. I have the P3 and a KF. I can take pics and make sure it works.

puglover333

I would go P3. I know there is another like it, just can't remember what that is. I have the P3 and a KF. I can take pics and make sure it works.

I found a 2008 P3 at albeebaby.com for $199.

Just out of curiosity, why the key fit over the chaperone? I can actually get the chaperone cheaper than the key fit.

I would love to see how small the P3 folds and a pic with the Keyfit in it if it fits.

Thanks!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The kf fits a small baby so well. Plus the chaperone is so long, the base is. Going to go find my P3 for you now.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, pretend there IS a bar on the stroller. Sorry about pic quality. Turns out I had the P&S on the wrong setting.

Oh, and not sure why the car seat looks tilted, but it wasn't.

100_1276.jpg

100_1277.jpg

100_1278.jpg

It fits perfect. You will find that the KF base is great to install.

autumnlily

The install of the Keyfit base is so simple and a very narrow seat/footprint in the car. The Chaperone is a very nice seat too. I :love: the no thread harness. If you find the stroller you really want - pick the seat that works well with it.

I :love: :love: :love: the Baby Jogger City Mini!

Bolly

I am getting the B-Ready so I can use it as a double and even though the Companion will fit on it I am talking DH into getting the Chaperone too. I love Britax and with both boys I have gotten the travel systems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC