I hate how far forward the GN pushes her head

glockchick

Why oh why can't they just figure out a way to make the headrest portion flush with the seat back?

She's never going to be able to sleep in that. And I've already returned the FRs. :thumbsdown: I can leave her the PW, but I'd be more comfortable with her harnessed.

The only other option is the Maestro and she didn't like that cutting into the sides of her neck.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

What about the Prosport? I assume it's head rest works like the old YS. I choose that because the FR85 was overkill for DD2 (seriously, like 6" of harness left and she's four.) and I couldn't stand how the GN pushed her head forward. DD2 loves the YS.

glockchick

It might work, but I wouldn't have time to get it before Friday. :(

I just installed the GN. She lost like an inch and a half with the install and is now almost at the top slot. :eek: I'll post pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

Evolily

A's headrest moved up, and now he has head slump :rolleyes: but still has no problem sleeping in the car. So, maybe try it first to see if she really does dislike it?

menfusse

I also hate the slump. It makes E sore. She falls asleep, no problem, but it's fitful and she's a grouch when she wakes up. I got desperate on our recent trip to Columbus. It's a 6 hour drive for us. On the way home, I stopped by a toys r us and did the unthinkable by adding an aftermarket product to help keep her head up. No worries, they were thinner and smaller than the harness pads that came with it, but my disclaimer is that no one should do that. So the seat is going into MIL's car as soon as I can get a FN. Though, I'm starting to look at the new Recaro's, because it has a belly pad now and the YS didn't.

AtTheSouthDam

I also hate the slump. It makes E sore. She falls asleep, no problem, but it's fitful and she's a grouch when she wakes up. I got desperate on our recent trip to Columbus. It's a 6 hour drive for us. On the way home, I stopped by a toys r us and did the unthinkable by adding an aftermarket product to help keep her head up. No worries, they were thinner and smaller than the harness pads that came with it, but my disclaimer is that no one should do that. So the seat is going into MIL's car as soon as I can get a FN. Though, I'm starting to look at the new Recaro's, because it has a belly pad now and the YS didn't.

:confused: The young sport has a belly pad. DD2 just pulls all her pads off immediately. It it this weird triangular shaped one.

glockchick

She rode in it this morning for a short trip and loved it. She thinks she'll be able to sleep, but we'll see. I asked if she preferred this or the FR and she said this cause she could sit in the middle and it has a deep cup holder. :rolleyes: She only has about 1/2" of torso height to grow installed this way though. :(

I can't see Kaleigh in the rear view at all anymore. The GN completely blocks her. I don't really like that, but not much I can do about it ya know?

And CJ loves sitting by the window. :)

skitle1802

I can't see Kaleigh in the rear view at all anymore. The GN completely blocks her. I don't really like that, but not much I can do about it ya know?
But you've got older boys on either side of her, so anything she needs but might not be able to communicate to you, the boys can help out. I have my 21m/o rf in the 3rd row with my 8 and 7y/o back there, anything she needs, they tell me(or why she's whining)

glockchick

Yeah, that's true. It's really only a problem when I'm just taking the little 2. But I guess I'll be taking the GN out and putting it in dh's car those times.

menfusse

:confused: The young sport has a belly pad. DD2 just pulls all her pads off immediately. It it this weird triangular shaped one.

Huh. Everytime I looked at one, I couldn't tell that it had a belly pad, and I don't remember seeing one in several pics from different members. I guess I just made the assumption base don that. Does it come up very high on the belly?

AtTheSouthDam

Huh. Everytime I looked at one, I couldn't tell that it had a belly pad, and I don't remember seeing one in several pics from different members. I guess I just made the assumption base don that. Does it come up very high on the belly?

I'll get a picture for you tomorrow. I can't recall right this moment :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC