New Triumph LX question

abemom2

I need a 40 lb. RF seat as my son is 33 lbs. 4 years old. He probably won't gain the other 2 lbs. so fast, but I'd like to get a new seat with the trade in event. The Triumph is a great price, and I need the adjustable harness, since I have a small car and 4 kids, so need to be able to adjust the seat according to the child.

Is the triumph wider than the TF? I have a TF RF, Radian FF, and will replace the Scenera RF with a new seat. I have another 3'' or so from the Scenara to the end, so we could use a wider seat.

I like the TF, and wanted to get the Rebound one, but I just noticed it goes to 35 lbs.

Or is there a different seat for a decent price? (The Momentum could be an option if it's really worth the more $$.)

Thanks, Ana

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Going out on a limb here and I apologize if there's a reason I'm unaware of here, but is there a reason why you don't want to just turn him ff'ing? AT his age and size there's no danger in ff'ing and it would mean not having to buy another seat. :shrug-shoulders:

I understand buying just because you want another seat, or in the case of a young and heavy rf'ing kiddo, but I just wanted to let you know that at 4yrs old there's no reason to not just turn him ff'ing rather than buying a new seat. You've rear faced to the limits, which is the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Of course if it's a sharing seat issue that obviously changes things. I just don't want you feeling pressured to keep a 4yr old rf'ing and spending money if you don't have to. (Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in that with how passionate people are on the board here. Passion isn't a bad thing at all, I just want to make sure you know your options.)

To answer your question, the Triumph is about 1/2" narrower than the TF assuming that the triumph 65 has basically the same shell as the current model.

abemom2

My DS2 wasn't RF all this time. I turned him back when I got the TF to be able to share the seat. At first he asked me: "Where do my feet go?"
These few months that he's RF, he loves it, and when I have only him and the baby in the car, he needs to go in the Radian FF. And he gets VERY upset. He really enjoys RF. (I didn't think he would, bec. he had always asked to FF, and at age 3 I turned him FF.)

It is also easier due to the sharing seats. I'll be able to easily adjust the 2 seats for my 3 kids, and then won't have to argue with the kids, regarding where to sit.

Thanks again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC