Turbo back not staying up...

xxluckychicxx

So several times now I've looked back to find DS's Turbo on the lowest setting, but I just thought that I must have accidentally changed it or something. Well while I was vacuuming my car today I realized that its not clicking in all the way in the back and wont stay up at all anymore. We've had the seat for less than 2 weeks now. I played around with it and could not fix it. WWYD? This is the only seat we have at the moment.

I swear its been one thing after another with this stupid TB.

ADS

NannyMom

Call Graco. I had that same problem. They replaced the head, then the back, then the head and back, then refunded my money.

Evolily

Does it fall when he's in it?

It's up to you, but I would put him in it if it stays up while he's in it. It's just positioning the belt, so I really couldn't see it providing less protection than a backless (which is your only other option, right?) unless it mispositioned the belt while he's in it.

amyd

I think I'd try taking it back to the store. You've only had it for 2 weeks, I'd imagine that they'd exchange it for you. It's damaged so the store will take it up with the supplier.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Can you use it backless if it absolutely won't stay up even for a short drive? I'd call Graco or try to take it back but use it the best you can or backless if nothing else.
I'd rather see a kid in a backless than no booster and if it's just to go to the store to exchange for a different one...

I had a back do that, call graco and tell them you need the entier back not just a head rest or back... they sent me one part and it didn't fix it, I needed the entier back.

Now of course my replacement back has JUST started doing the same...and lucky for me it is out of warrenty now. (like a month)

anyways use it till the replacement comes, just keep putting it back up. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC