Get the best seat for now or plan ahead?

glockchick

After taking dh's opinions into account (no continuous harness, plenty of foam), I have come up with 2 solutions. One is better for short term, and one is better for long term.

The short term solution is to keep one FR85 for Abigail in my car and put the other FR in dh's car for Kaleigh. This won't work long term because the only place I can install the Frontier is the seating position Abi's in now behind the driver. This would also eliminate one seating position out of dh's car since both car seats would have to be outboard. He wouldn't be able to take more than the babies with him. Now he can take either of the older two and Gabe or Abigail as well. However, letting Abigail keep the FR is probably best for her because it's the most comfortable for her.

The long term solution would be to get Abigail a GN and Kaleigh a new Britax convertible. Abigail would use the GN until Kaleigh outgrew the convertible or CJ weighted out of the old MA rfing. Then Caleb will get the new Britax, Kaleigh will use the GN, and Abi will go back to her PW. The problem here is the head slump in the GN. However, I can install the GN in any position in my car so I could let CJ sit 3rd row in the convertible and put Kaleigh 2nd row center in the Nautilus when we get there giving the other kids sitting in that row the most room possible.

Which would you do? Dh is griping about me being indecisive so I really need to make a decision.

ADS

Chely7425

I would probably do option number 2 and just deal with the head slump. Have your kids complained about the head slump? I know some people have used those neck pillows with success as well to make sleeping in the GN more comfortable.

glockchick

Also, cost wise, it comes out about the same right now. If Abi gets a GN, she wants the purple one from Target. ;)

Chely7425

Also, cost wise, it comes out about the same right now. If Abi gets a GN, she wants the purple one from Target. ;)

Yup... option 2 :D Or else you will end up spending even more down the road which I know my DH wouldn't be thrilled with! We are going to have to buy more seats in 6-8 months because we HAD to buy seats that fit our car and they won't work long term.

glockchick

I would probably do option number 2 and just deal with the head slump. Have your kids complained about the head slump? I know some people have used those neck pillows with success as well to make sleeping in the GN more comfortable.

Yeah they have. :( They complain about their necks hurting after they wake up.

glockchick

No clue. I can try but I don't think she'll be sleeping before our trip so no way to test it. I really want her comfy for the trip.

Dang stupid RNs not working. ;)

glockchick

The Maestro looked like it might have the same head slump problem and the straps are set really close together and when I set it up for the girls, they complained the straps dug into their necks. :rolleyes:

vonfirmath

My son is only 3, but I have not seen any head slump in his Maestro yet.

The pillow you see hanging down? Don't know what that is for. The instruction manual does not address it so we removed it. It's just velcro'd into place.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC