DH's 85 4Runner

ILoveMy3Boys

My DH is planning on taking our older two boys camping just the three of them in a few weeks leaving me home with our 2.5 year old. DH drives an 85 4Runner but the back seat is missing some kind of bolt so it's useless. This leaves only the front passenger seat. The truck has no airbags. Would it be crazy to install a MA or RN RF up there for my youngest? Is there anyway to tether it?

ADS

Jonah Baby

I'm a bit confused. Is the entire rear unusable? Where is the other child going to sit if there's a child in the front seat?

I had to read a few times, but it sounds like he's leaving the Runner with her and the baby and going camping with boys and a different vehicle.

Does your DH use the YotaTech forums? I bet they could help get that bench fixed.

ETA: Forgot you asked about the tethering.
No, there is no way to tether the seat in the front of this vehicle, but with no airbag, I would install either seat rear facing in front if necessary.
My partner is dying to see a picture of your Runner...

ILoveMy3Boys

Thanks for clarifying for me! Duh! Yes, DH will be taking my Expedition to tow the trailer with the big boys and leaving me home with his 4Runner.

I've been bugging him for over a year to get the back seat figured out or replaced but to no avail so I figure this is the next best option. He's going to be taking them camping at the beach and I'm hoping to meet them over there the last day for some sand time as a family.

Why do guys like these 4Runners so much? This is his second one and I don't get the appeal AT all but he loves it! :scratcheshead:

ILoveMy3Boys

:ROTFLMAO: Judi! We just had this conversation yesterday afternoon. His quota of damaging my most favorite vehicle is completely and totally met!

I mentioned his camping trip to my mom and she reminded me that they are going to be in SD at that time so I could borrow her Explorer if I wanted.

Jonah Baby

Oh, Runner love. :rolleyes:
Partly the obsession is due to the Runner's capabilities to off-road and you can jerry-rig, add, or McGuiver ANYTHING to these beasts.

Our Runner was built-up/modified for off-roading/mudding.
The thing is ridiculous and I still cannot figure out why K wanted it for a daily driver.

Definitely have him check out YotaTech if he doesn't already. Or...maybe YOU should get an account and see what it would take to fix that bench.
Your '85 must be a soft-top, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC