I just stripped my RN

dragonfly8

To put the old granite cover on it (the brand spanking new defective one SK sent me is going back) and noticed that on the harness straps, there's a tag that says

"This belt conforms to safety specifications FMVSS 213, SEP-06"

Do they all say this? Even though the seat is CMVSS approved?

I realize the seats are all manufactured in the USA but, should the straps not meet CMVSS too? Or with the CMVSS sticker does that cover all parts of the seat?

Off to dress the radian and reinstall it!

~~does anyone love playing with car seats as much as I do???~~

ADS

dragonfly8

Radians are manufactured in China. Not sure about the harnesses.

Guess one cup of coffee wasn't enough this morning!
I see that right on the sticker now.

I love my RN I love my RN I love my RN.

I have to keep reminding myself, even with all of the things I'm finding on it, and even though I"m having issues with it...........
it's still a great seat though.............

I'm curious about the straps though, hopefully someone knows the answer:)

geekKT

I have this weird suspicion I have also seen that on the tag on the crotch strap of my TFP, but I could be imagining it. I can't check right now, DS is asleep on my lap, but I think I noticed that.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Heh, funny title, that poor Registered Nurse... :D

I'm sure the maple leaf covers the whole of the seat, even if they save a few cents by getting all the parts from the same supplier and don't change the little labels on every part of the seat depending on the country it's headed to.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can check mine tomorrow but if IIRC, the parts don't necessary individually conform to the different Canadian standards, but collectively as a seat, it must conform CMVSS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC