Which Mac strollers hold infant carseat

my2kidsSafe

I think we are going to disney in april. Ds will be a few months over 4. We will definately want a stroller for him since he is my crazy child. We currently have a phil and teds which i love for outdoor activities and will be saving it. But its a bit big to be bringing with us. I was thinking of selling off the strollers in my basement and purchasing a mac. I wanted something that would hold an infant seat as i think in the next 2 years we MIGHT be ttc. So i would like something small that i could use for that as opposed to buying a universal carrier one also.

ADS

twinkletoes

the techno xlr is the only mac buggy that carries the car seat. it's also a great stroller for a 4 year old - however, it's the biggest and heaviest of all the mac line up.. it's lovely though, great for disney with it's canopy that unzips and comes way down - the suspension is ace and it handles an older child with ease:D the recline is also one handed :) (the newer ones, possibly from 09 onwards - def. 10 has the one hand recline :)

luvsviola

I have a Techno. It is as heavy as my P3. I don't like it much because for being that heavy, it should have a tray and decent storage, and not be tippy.

I got it at Marshalls on a whim and regret the purchase. I'd personally buy a Triumph as a Disney stroller instead for a 4 year old. You can sling it over your shoulder on the bus.

twinkletoes

I have a Techno. It is as heavy as my P3. I don't like it much because for being that heavy, it should have a tray and decent storage, and not be tippy.

I got it at Marshalls on a whim and regret the purchase. I'd personally buy a Triumph as a Disney stroller instead for a 4 year old. You can sling it over your shoulder on the bus.

a 4 year old may not be comfortable in a Triumph though? it has a shallow seat.. the lack of suspension also makes anything below the Ryder line up harder to push with heavier/bigger children.

The Mac XLR has the tallest and widest seat of all the macs - which is why I"d recommend it for a 4 year old.. it also has the highest weight limit (I believe)

I agree, storage is small - however, in order to make storage bigger - mac would have to change their design, and this design has been the same design for generations! the under seat baskets are new!!! years ago, you wouldn't find hoods or underseat baskets on maclarens - you would have to buy a framed rain cover if you wanted protection from the rain and a parasol for protection from the sun!

it's not tippy unless you hang bags off the handle and the child gets out of the stroller - but it's an 'umbrella' travel stroller and not deigned to have bags hanging off the handles ;)... so it's not tippy if you don't hang heavy bags off the handle (and only when a child gets out) that said, we hang bags off the handle all the time - but expect it to tip when dd gets out... I always make sure I'm holding onto the handles..or I remove the bags prior to her getting out.. and then place the bags in the seat.. it's not a big deal.

we've used ours for public transport all the time.. that said we did go to disney with our bugaboo that has a two part fold, and with three adults, it wasn't a problem at all -

I can't climb the bus steps with a triumph on my back, the rear wheels get caught on my heels as I climb the steps of the bus.. I have to hold it in front of me as I climb the steps... but yes, it would be much lighter.

the Mac Techno XLR pushes much better than a p3 with a heavier child... it's because of the style of frame that makes it such a great push - if they changed the frame so it didn't tip with luggage hanging off the handles, it wouldn't be the same one handed great push that is...

it's all swings and roundabouts though - we do love the basket under the P3 - but the plastic handles are awful in the heat.. my hands slip when pushing a p3 in the heat... and I hate navigating curbs with it.. as it's heavier to get up and down curbs, where as the maclaren's 'tippyness' comes into play for navigating curbs with ease.. regardless of child's weight!

I'm sure you can get add on snack trays for the many strollers as an after product- they are usually soft - but it's much nicer to find a spot to have a snack together than snaking on the run. that's what we do in Europe.. and is why we don't have many strollers with snack trays (actually, the p3 in the UK does not come with a snack tray, only a nappa bar)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC