Question Loose Nut in Radian Box!!! Help!!

Giraffe

First, let me say thanks to everyone on this forum for the information. You've helped me decide on seats for my daughter that will last her for a long time.

I just got my brand new Radian Flora and took it out of the box to examine it and read the manual and noticed a nut floating around in the bottom of the plastic bag that the seat was in. Here's a photo (hope posting the photo works).
IMG_0929.jpg

Anyone know where this might have come from? I've examined the seat and don't see anywhere that it might be from so I wondered if it just got in there by accident when the seat was packaged?

I'm going to call SKJP on Monday, but in the meantime I was hoping to get some info here like where it might be from, or if this is a common issue with Radians.

Also, when I do call SKJP should I be requesting that they send me a new seat as I have no way of knowing whether this nut is an important part of the seat.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could provide.

Thanks.

ADS

Giraffe

Also, if anyone can share the SKJP customer service phone number (for Canada if it's different) because I can't seem to find it on the website.

Thanks!

Mae

I have the US number. I'm sure if you called them, they could give you the Canadian number.

For what it's worth...

Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (PST)

The toll free number is 888-336-7909.

Sunshine Kids North America
3104 142nd Avenue South, Suite 105
Sumner, WA 98390
Toll-free: 1-888-336-7909
Phone: 1-253-859-5700
Fax: 1-253-859-5800
Email: us-sales@skjp.com

ETA: Actually, the contact information should be in the manual/on the side of the seat.

Giraffe

Thanks for the contact info NannyMae.

And Misty-Bug, that's exactly what I was thinking. I am going to contact the store where I purchased it tomorrow to see if they will take it back and order a new one. That might save me a bit of work. If not, I will call SKJP first thing on Monday.

Just thought someone on here might have heard of something similar happening. I just can't see the nut having fallen into the packaging after manufacture. I imagine the area where they are packaged is quite far from where the seats would be assembled, and therefore it would be difficult for a stray nut to find its way into the box...

Misty-Bug

I would just go directly through SKJP. I would hate to see the seat be returned then re-shelved. If you go straight through SKJP then you know they are actually taking it back. They will probably send you a new seat and let you keep the cover off the one you have now. That has been my experience anyway

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would want a new seat personally - and would recommend the same thing. They can't guarantee that that nut doesn't belong somewhere inside the seat. They might tell you it's fine - but unless they were the engineer and had personally inspected the seat, I wouldn't trust that it didn't come from the seat.

Chances are that it's just somehow gotten in the box. But I don't think you're over-reacting by wanting a seat that doesn't have a loose nut in the package.

Adventuredad

If the seat doesn't contain any screws like this one it would be obvious it's an innocent mistake. I would call and try to get some good answers.

That Monterey photo above is unbelievable..... It's like receiving a car seat from Ikea....:whistle:

Giraffe

That Monterey photo is crazy. I can't believe that got out of the warehouse when it was supposed to be going to someone in the company.

Just an update on how this was fixed. The nut was definitely from the seat because there were other similar nuts on the seat, but I couldn't see where it could have come from.

I called the store where I bought the seat (Baby In Gear -- small independent store with a great owner). And the owner said to bring it in and she would give me another Flora she had in stock. She seemed pretty shocked about the nut and said she would definitely be sending the seat back to SKJP and discussing the issue with her rep.

Thank goodness for great customer service! Though it would have been nice to get to keep the cover if I had talked to SKJP directly, this was the quickest way to get the seat in my hands.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC