Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

New Ford Fiesta RF seat?

My DH is looking at the new Ford Fiesta and we were wondering if a rf seat and a frontier 85 would fit in the back. The rf seats we have are the Recaro Signo and an Evenflo Triumph Advance, but would be more than happy to buy a new seat. Anyone tried it yet or have any ideas whether it would even work?
    Mommy to L - 11.5 yrs, 160 lbs, 4'9" riding in seat belt
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Ford Fiesta RF seat?

I'm also interested in the Fiesta. Has anyone tried a RF seat yet? What model did you find that fit best?
    Thanks,
    Che

4. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by cgeiser View Post
    I'm also interested in the Fiesta. Has anyone tried a RF seat yet? What model did you find that fit best?
    Thanks,
    Che
    I didn't even know Ford was bringing the Fiesta back!
    Mary-Rose: WOHM to M born 12/23/2009 - officially ERF at 24 lbs and 33.5" in her MR65.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fiesta/

It looks like a pretty awesome car! My DH is a car fanatic and has been itching to get a new car (just like me and car seats!). He can't get anything for another year and a half when our other car is paid off. He's having fun looking though! This is one that is definitely in the running though. We'll have to be able to get a booster in it and possibly an infant/convertible seat in there sometime in the future. So, we haven't tried anything yet, but am excited to see if anything will fit.
    F - 4.5 yrs, 33 lbs, 39" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestome
    A - 3 yrs, 32 lbs, 37" riding rear facing in a Graco extend2fit and Graco milestone

Can't wait to hear what works. I really want a Fiesta but would need to put 2 booster (Jane Indy's) and a teen in the back. Not sure it that is even close to possible.

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

The Ford Fiesta is a great little car. We got to sit in one at our state fair. I'm 5'9" and fairly long-legged. I sat in the front passenger seat, and put the seat where I could be comfortable (but not all the way back). I then went to the rear passenger seat and I had enough leg room to sit. It would not have been 5 hour road trip worthy back there, but manageable for around town.

I bet you could get an EFTA in it and the passenger could still be reasonably comfortable. But, that's just a guess. I don't know about the driver's side.

I can't recall about 3 across fit. It has a bigger interior than I expected, for a small car (and one that gets 40mpg hwy).
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

Quote Originally Posted by solmama View Post
    It has a bigger interior than I expected, for a small car (and one that gets 40mpg hwy).
    To be fair, it only gets 40mpg hwy with the super fuel efficiency upgrade package, which is only available on the SE model with the 6-speed auto tranny.

Haven't these cars existed internationally for a while? Maybe the international board may have some more insight, of course, they don't have American seats but at least you can get an idea of what HAS fit back there.

do they have a fiesta on a lot where you can go test drive it and put your carseats in it to see if they fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty4Knowledge View Post
    Haven't these cars existed internationally for a while? Maybe the international board may have some more insight, of course, they don't have American seats but at least you can get an idea of what HAS fit back there.
    Yep, they've been around for awhile. I'm not sure how different they are between the different countries. Good idea for a place to check.

Quote Originally Posted by jefesita View Post
    do they have a fiesta on a lot where you can go test drive it and put your carseats in it to see if they fit?
    Yes, they do have one here, but since we won't be really considering buying anything for another year and a half, we're going to wait to try anything out.

One of my first cars was an electric blue Ford Festiva (yes, I know it's not a Fiesta). Emilio Festivez, it was named. It was an awesome car (I was college)...haha. Ahhhh, memories.
    CPST & Mom to:
    Keep (11 yrs old, 57", 80 lbs), in an Olli, Ozzi & BB
    Sass (10 yrs old, 54", 76 lbs), in Santa Fe, Monterey & Olli
    Zilla (4 yrs old, 38", 36 lbs), FF in a PS, RXT & FR85
    Rollin' in a 2014 Ody, 2012 F-150 SuperCrew & Luigi, a peppy little 2012 Fiat 500

So I just too my new Britax Boulevard 70 by the Ford dealer and found that it will fit RF with room for me to squeeze in the passenger seat in front of it. I'm 5'11" and had about 1/2" of room at my knees. With a smaller passenger this would be no problem RF.

I hope this might help!

15. Thank You from:

Unregistered

Does anyone know if you can put a rf car seat in the middle back seat position?