will the new britax seats..

twinkletoes

be suitable for a newborn? they have the harness height stats on their site, but I have no Idea what the average torso height of a newborn is..

if not, what convertibles are suitable from a newborn?

TIA.

ADS

Pixels

Not for most. The Classic Britax seats have bottom slots of 10 inches; the new ones are 9. Most buckets have bottom slots in the 6-7 inch range. There are some 8s, but even those tend to be too high for the first couple of weeks.

Suitable from birth, in no particular order: Evenflo Triumph, Combi Coccoro, Radians, TrueFit, Scenera

T4K

Not for most. The Classic Britax seats have bottom slots of 10 inches; the new ones are 9. Most buckets have bottom slots in the 6-7 inch range. There are some 8s, but even those tend to be too high for the first couple of weeks.

I hate to ask this question because all babies grow differently at dramatically different rates, especially at the beginning, BUT....when do you think infants will be ready for the new Britax seats? And would the infant insert that Britax is selling help with the slot height? It irks me a little that Britax would make all this racket about coming out with a new seat suitable for infants when they didn't even put the slots in a suitable range!? Come on Britax....

DahliaRW

The MyRide also fits newborns well.

Thirsty - I don't know if anyone knows about the insert yet. But, Britax also decreased the shell height while increasing the weight. So apparently they are really just being dumb about these new seats!

Jocey'sMommy

the new britax convertibles will have an infant insert sold seperately that will make them suitable for newborns it will raise the bottom of the seat a couple of inches I believe.

Pixels

Totally depends on the kid. KQ's kids have long torsos and probably would fit from birth, if not shortly after. I know that many kids don't fit the current Britaxes until after a year old. My daughter was 13 months, and had outgrown all the 22 pound bucket seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC