Child Saftey Awarness info

mommyoftwoboys

Hey guys, Its been a long time a comming for this base to get involved, and I think I have finally gotten them interested in what I have to say. Now, to pitch it to everyone else involved and see if I can get something actually started, so here's where you guys come in. There is alot of techs on this board, and basically what I am trying to find out, is ideas.
The scenario is we set up a booth at the Kid Fest in April (they do a festival type thing every year)
I know somewhat where to find the information regarding car seats (and the fact that some children should be in a harness not a booster at certain ages and what not) We can't do an inspection for all the cars, because there are so many kids there. I am still interested in taking the class to be certified for it, so maybe if I can do that, I can hand out a card or something, Dependent if I find where I can take it of course. So we thought maybe we could get someone to do a demonstration showing how to install a car seat properly.
My biggest point is to get out there that these parents know that there are car seats other than boosters to fit their child. So that is a must, I would plan to do flyers etc regarding the information about the seats.
I also want to find out where can I go to find out if its ok to give information off of this website, (it might mean alot more traffic coming in so I want to be sure that its ok to use the information, and give credit to the site. (anyone who knows where to go and ask for that, I'd be greatful)
Now here comes the hard part for me, I am not only pitching the car seat safety, but I am also pitching the safety of the children regarding kids playing outside, and cars speeding in the residential areas etc. Would anyone have any idea on how to do this? I mean we could get security to possibly come out, and I know Me speaking wont do it, people already hate me enough for calling the mps on them when they speed 30 going down a road that is 10 mph. The main thing is safety for the summer, so that means safety for kids playing outside, *helmets while riding bikes, while riding skateboards etc* and the importance of explaining to their children they need to be careful, also the importance of people not speeding down the roads, and of course we can't forget the entire point of travelling safe for vacations. Meaning Car seats installed properly,using the right car seat period.
Does anyone else have any other ideas. Keep in mind, this is military members and their families that would be hearing this.

On another note, I thought it was pretty cool that the person I started to pitch my idea to, kept telling me information on becoming an ombudsman for my husbands command. More volunteer work, especially since she is wanting to get me involved in the new parent support group as well. I am excited, and thinking if they want me to, i would take on the task, mainly because I might have more influence regarding the children and their safety,and it would most definately be something that would interest me.
It kind of feels nice to be complimented on my passion, *which is my children and their safety, and it feeds over to other childrens safety* Just thought I would share.

ADS

JaRylan

I think this is a wonderful opportunity that you have and I wish you all the best.

You could send a pm or email to admin to double check on any questions that you have regarding posting links to this site (I've never heard of it being a problem).

That is great that they recognize the importance of what you have to say and want you to become an ombudsman so you have more clout.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Just my opinion: I think keeping to one topic: passenger safety - will make your message strong and clear. {Following the KISS principle: Keep it Simple, Stupid.}

I'm not saying the other topics aren't equally important and you will only have a few seconds for people to see what you are about.

The kids and parents will be over stimulated and presented with lots of different topics, ideas and events.

Several different car seats, boosters, a scale and way to measure height (kids LOVE those), the 5 point test flyer, the 4 step (RF, FF, Booster, Seat Belt) info, extended RF and FF information will be PLENTY to demo in a short period of time, and a freebie for the kids (coloring book, sticker, something).

If you get materials from Safe Kids, they have info about other safety topics as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC