Best Car Seat for 06 Wrangler

U

Unregistered

We have an 06 2-door Wrangler and it is my main car, but I don't do that much driving. We have a baby due in February, so plenty of time to plan and make a decision, but I'm just wanting to know what my best options are, particularly if we end up deciding to trade in the Jeep. :(

First of all, great forum - I have really enjoyed reading posts from other Jeep owners about the safety concerns of a child in a Jeep and that has really opened up the possibility of keeping the Jeep.

My main questions are:

It sounds like a RF convertible car seat will likely fit better in the rear seat of the Jeep, what are the pros/cons of using a convertible seat with an infant? Obviously, you don't have the carrier option, so getting the child in and out of the seat is more of a hassle, so I'm wondering if that is worth the better fit.

Are there any infant seats that might fit well, or would I be limited to keeping the front passenger seat adjusted far forward so that a passenger wouldn't be able to ride with us? Like I said before, I don't do a whole lot of driving as it is and the grocery store, pediatrician, etc. is literally 2 minutes from the house, so the places I might end up having to run wouldn't require much driving.

Overall, what do current Jeep drivers recommend for an infant in a Jeep - what worked, what car seats did you like the best, what would you do different?

ADS
U

Unregistered

We have and have had several different jeeps. I currently have a wrangler. I can't really tell you what seat would work best, but I can tell you the seats we have used in it. We did do the infant seat (graco snugride) in it for both DS and DD. We had no problems with it. We also have 2 britax marathons and 2 cosco scerena's. Each of those we have no problems with either. The scerena is hard for me to install rear facing, but DH doesn't have a problem with it. As far as having them rear facing, there is limited room and DH is 6'4" so we have the RF child on the passenger side so that DH can move the seat all the way back. I have no problem with the children RF behind me, so when I drive they both RF.

Not sure what kind of top you have an the jeep, but we generally use the hard top and I just put the children into the backseat through the back. This worked really well with the infant seat and with the rear facing children.

I would suggesting going to babies r us or some other baby stores and trying out some seats to see what you like.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC