ETA or My ride on the plane

C

coralstrr

Hi, my family will be flying from CT to TX in November and we have purchased my daughter a seat, She will be 22 months when we fly and she still and will be riding rear facing when we fly. I have two seats that I can bring in the flight either our Evenflo Triumph Advance or the Graco My ride 65. I may use a luggage cart for the seat or strap it a rolling suitcase so weight is not really the issue. I think the ETA is wider but shorter than the MR65. I was wondering which would be easier. Any suggestions would be great.

ADS

InternationalMama

I don't have any specific experience with those seats, but it's possible that neither of them will fit rear facing in the coach seat on your plane. I'd bring the MR if you really want to her to sleep on the plane since it is so reclined FF. Or you could bring the EFTA since it will be easy to adjust the harness straps between FF on the plane and RF in teh car.

Either way, don't book the bulkhead because either seat will probably be too wide to fit there since the armrests don't go up.

HTH.

lpperry

Do you have anything else? I have an EFTA and it is huge! It is heavy! It is wide! I have never taken it on the plane, and would never even consider taking that seat on. I can't imagine trying to walk it down the plane isle!

I can't imagine that it would fit in a seat with the arm rests down. I think the arm rests would have to be up and it would really be invading into the next seat.

I don't know about the Myride though. That seat is pretty big too...

I would maybe purchase a Scenera for $40 just as a travel seat. Or an Avenue (I like these better) if you can find one for about the same price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC