Which Maclaren?

Dillipop

I got a tentative ok to get a new stroller! :D Now, to decide which one! I can get a 2006 volo for 95, triumph for 120 or quest for 150. I need something small that will fit in my trunk with our joovy caboose and at least one basket of laudry. We have a buick century, so the trunk is pretty big, but just don't want a big stroller. I have a chicco tuscany that reclines a little bit in the other trunk.

DS2 is 8 months, 20 pounds and DS1 is almost 4 and about 38 pounds. Thanks for the help in advance!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I like the Quest :) But it depends on how much you want to spend!? I like strollers that have somewhat of a recline and I like how on the quest it has the movable foot rest. Do you have pictures of the ones you are looking at?

Last edited:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I also like the Quest. It turns and steers one handed, easy to fold, I don't kick the wheels nor does my tall DH although he only pushes it once in a while when he tags along on family outings (ours is pink fleur, lol). My long torsoed 5 year old DD still fits in it, although I got it primarily for her little sister. I didn't really try out the Volo or Triumph much for comparison while stroller shopping after I became entranced by the pink fleur cover on the Quest. You might find a Volo or Triumph would suit your purposes just fine, too. :)

ktmo

I got the Volo. DD will not sleep in the stroller so we didn't need the recline. I love that it is so light weight and easy to steer. I don't think you can go wrong with any Maclaren. If DD did sleep in the stroller, I would have gone with the Quest.

Katie

Dillipop

which models does BRU carry? I know they have some, if not all the ones I want to look at. I like the idea of the volo, esp for swim lesson days when I have to get a baby, preschooler and myself dressed in a public locker room. However, I still can't get my head around spending $100 on an umbrella stroller, KWIM? Even though I know it is 10 times better than an umbrella stroller.

Anyone have the triumph? What does the quest have over the triumph? Does it recline more? Have better features, etc? I just want to make the best choice.

I just don't know what to get...

southpawboston

which models does BRU carry? I know they have some, if not all the ones I want to look at. I like the idea of the volo, esp for swim lesson days when I have to get a baby, preschooler and myself dressed in a public locker room. However, I still can't get my head around spending $100 on an umbrella stroller, KWIM? Even though I know it is 10 times better than an umbrella stroller.

Anyone have the triumph? What does the quest have over the triumph? Does it recline more? Have better features, etc? I just want to make the best choice.

I just don't know what to get...

we have the triumph, which has the same size as the volo, since it has the same frame and mechanism as the volo, but the seat reclines and is padded, not mesh like the volo's. the quest is larger, has larger wheels, and has a foot board (i think it has it, not sure). it is also a few pounds heavier than the triumph.

amy919

I have the Volo and love it. I can use it for my 14 month old or my 4 year old. It's super light and takes up no room. My daughter has slept comfortably in it and I personally really like the mesh seat.

Amy

Dillipop

We decided on the volo. DS loved the saffron orange color and we really just need a light weight, small folding stroller. This is the one I ordered yesterday-

albee-baby_1938_36429657.gif

Thanks for all the help!

Dillipop

Go with the Quest, you will be much happier with it than the Triumph.

Thanks, we actually ended up with the volo and I love it. DS2 has fallen asleep in it at the zoo and seemed really comfy. It is so small in our trunk and easy to use and push around. It even pushes well with our almost 4 year old and he likes to push his brother in it too and can do it with some finesse. Thanks for everyone's help!

southpawboston

Thanks, we actually ended up with the volo and I love it. DS2 has fallen asleep in it at the zoo and seemed really comfy. It is so small in our trunk and easy to use and push around. It even pushes well with our almost 4 year old and he likes to push his brother in it too and can do it with some finesse. Thanks for everyone's help!

we actually just got a triumph yesterday (souped up volo) and it's fantastic... so light to carry on your shoulder and it takes up practically no space in the trunk!

good choice with the volo! :thumbsup:

oxeye

I love my Triumph but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Maclarens. :)

I LOVE the carry strap. We went on a train ride a few weeks ago and took the stroller with us. If it didn't have that carry strap there's no way I could have gotten it and two kids onboard the train without someone helping me.

southpawboston

Go with the Quest, you will be much happier with it than the Triumph.

why? we just got a triumph and we love it! light, simple, and has just the features we want, and no more to add extra weight...

but curious, we saw a quest at our local specialty baby store, and it didn't seem to have anything the triumph doesn't have, except for the leg rest. is there something else the quest has that i don't know about?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC