Debating between MR and CA

Whipple

So for Christmas I'm going to be getting a new seat for DD. She's currently 2 years, 30 lbs with a 13" torso.

We have a Dodge Dakota....um I think '08. I want a seat that is easy to install and uninstall. But otherwise, what would you reccomend?

(I'm just looking for opinions ;) )

Just want to add, for RF, which has the tallest harness slots?

Last edited:
ADS

Dorothy

Everyone here actually just helped me with a similar situation. So, maybe this info will be useful: I have a 2.5 yo, 29#, 14" torso. I drive a Silverado crew cab (I know that's bigger than your Dakota, but I think the info might still apply). I tried a Radian, CA and MR. I also looked at the Momentum65, but didn't actually install it. It was cool-looking, but we ended up with the MR. It was a super-easy install that gave me loads of front passenger space. DD is on the third-from-the-top slot and has 3-4" of hard shell over her head still. Plus, I found one on sale. So, I decided not to try the Momentum65 installed even though it looked so cushy. As for the other seats, the CA has a taller shell and top slots. DD just didn't like how close the head wings were to her face. She kept telling me it was "too small". I did, however like that it was lower profile and narrow enough for another seat to go beside it. The Radian was too difficult to install in my particular vehicle. HTH

Maedze

I have both. Like both :)

Of the two, the My Ride is definitely easier to install.

When you're looking at room for rear facing growth, shell height is important, not top harness height. The Complete Air has a taller shell and will last longer rear facing.

The Complete Air will also last longer forward facing because of a taller top harness position.

If you had a baby I would probably nudge you in the direction of the My Ride because it's more cozy, but at this juncture either seat is really fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC