Stroll-Air My Duo VS. BJ City Mini Double

Keeanh

Okay, let's hear from all the stroller fanatics. Which one would you recommend? Or something else?

Any stroller I get will get used to the end of its life, as long as it is serving my needs. I expect that we will still be having children 8-10yrs from now, and by then I'll hopefully have grandchildren. So in that regard, price isn't a HUGE deal as long as it has a usefulness & lifespan to match. But I can't see myself going any more expensive than the My Duo. I draw the line at "I could buy a used car for that ;)".

I don't jog. Right now most of my "strollering" is for sports. Soccer fields, rec centres, hockey / lacrosse arenas, gravel parking lots. I rarely go shopping with a stroller in small shops. But I still don't want something terribly big because those arenas can have narrow halls and tight spaces.

I want it to be able to take an infant seat (mostly for those 6am hockey practices). I would also like a fairly compact fold since, with 6 children (soon 7), there's a lot of other "stuff" to carry.

Thanks!
Lesley

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Me, personally, because I like to face my babies, would go for the my duo. I have the spider duo NV, and absolutely love it! THey fixed the few issues the spider duo had with the my duo, such as the short seat backs, and no head block in at the top of the stroller. Oh, and the width.

I loved having the bassinet option for my babies. The stroller is still in almost perfect condition, and I keep it in my detatched garage.

IMG_3273_25.jpg

IMG_8059_2.jpg

Now, if you want something a little less bulky, lighter, and smaller fold, that doesn't have reversible seats, then go for the baby jogger :)

Keeanh

Thanks Jennifer!!

Do you have (or have you used) a City Mini Double? Is there a dramatic difference between the 2 in terms of size & weight? I know both claim 26lbs, but I read elsewhere that the My Duo is actually 30lbs. The claimed folded size looks about the same (29x29x11 or so), but again, does this hold up in real life? Is one more suitable than the other for slightly rough terrain, like grass fields?

Your stroller looks great! How many children has it been through?

Thanks again!

MySillyKids

Thanks Jennifer!!

Do you have (or have you used) a City Mini Double? Is there a dramatic difference between the 2 in terms of size & weight? I know both claim 26lbs, but I read elsewhere that the My Duo is actually 30lbs. The claimed folded size looks about the same (29x29x11 or so), but again, does this hold up in real life? Is one more suitable than the other for slightly rough terrain, like grass fields?

Your stroller looks great! How many children has it been through?

Thanks again!

Search BJCMD you'll find TONS of photo's that i've posted. I'll post more, if you can't find any.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I haven't personally used a city mini double, as almost all my strollers rear face:eek: except for my C1 (which I think for you doesn't handle as well as the cortina because of the umbrella fold;)), my silver cross 3D (that has the actual bassinet insert for an infant to face mommy), and my bob revolution duallie.

The new my duo does seem to fold up more compact than my spider duo, because of the new frame. I think the bigger air tires will do better on rougher terrain. It will take 2 car seats. ANd, the seats reverse:love:

Many people love the bjcmd, but when I did see it, I wasn't that impressed with it. I didn't like the plastic cover of the handle, it felt cheap to me, but it did maneuver pretty well.

I think you will first need to figure out whether the reversible seats are worth it to you:), and go from there. I need to go see if that new board of theirs will fit on my stroller, though officially they had told me no....

Oh, and remember, the stroll-air comes with all the accessories such as the mosquito netting, storm covers, etc.

Baliezer

I started with the baby jogger city select and returned it for the stroll air my duo. The main problem I found with the baby jogger is that when I attached the infant car seat adapter bar, it stuck out from the stroller and made it very heavy. It also was a pain to put onto the stroller and remove. You have to unsnap the lower portion of the seat and screw it on. Not that easy.
With the stroll air, the adapter just snaps on and off. I also like the fact that I can turn the seats to face me or out.
After using it, I have been very impressed. I can walk over bumpy ground with little or no vibration to the baby. The back of the seats can also be unzipped to uncover a mesh vent that allows air to flow through the stroller on hot days.
I love it!

Keeanh

Thanks again! Yeah, I'm really giving those reversible seats a good look! I should phone Stroll-Air and see if anyone in the Vancouver area carries the Duo. I'm sure I'll be able to see the BJCMD when I'm down there sometime, but the Stroll-Air website only lists actual stores back East.

SillyKids, I saw your pics, thanks!

Jennifer, I came across some of your pics too. Just how many strollers do you have? Is that your huge yard with the pool? Umm... totally OT, but if that is your yard, what brand is the above-ground pool? DH wants to get one in the next year or 2.

Baliezer, thanks for the review! I really hope I can see one of these IRL since we don't have the luxury of free/cheap returns in Canada.

Lesley

Jennifer mom to my 7

Too many strollers:eek: But they all suit different purposes:p ANd I can't part with any yet, I just love them all for different reasons. I like using the emma in the yard, but like walking with the boys with the stroll-air, but need the bob for the 4.5 year old. I have a tandem reversible seat double that lives in the van, along with my loola up.

The pool. I can't remember the brand off hand, but it is the biggest, deepest, above ground buttressless oval pool we could find. IIRC, 18x33, 54 inches deep.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC