Rental car= difficult installation?

fullofhope

We will be flying to san diego in aug and renting a car. We will have a ff marathon and a rf companion. Are there cars we should be sure NOT to get, that are difficult installs with these seats? We'll be renting a regular car, not a minivan or suv, but I haven't even started calling places yet so don't know what to expect. We've never rented a car before.

ADS

Dillipop

The marathon is one of the easiest seats to install in almost any vehicle. I don't think you'll have a problem installing it. Just make sure that your child is not over the rental's latch limits, if you plan on using latch.

I have never installed the companion, so I can't comment on that one, sorry.

Hope you have a great trip!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ditto on Marathon fitting most vehicles -- just be prepared that you may need to install outboard instead of center & that's OK ... the most important thing to remember is to READ + FOLLOW both carseat and vehicle manuals :cool: It couldn't hurt to try to plan in some extra time to test the carseat in your rental with the option of switching rentals if need be (I'm thinking mostly of your own sanity here because it seems that by the time people get to the rental agency they've just about had it with traveling, LOL)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC