Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Car Seat destruction question??

So, I have an old car seat just sitting in my living room waiting to be destroyed. I really do not have a way to destroy it. I was wondering if I could take it to the Fire Department that has several CPST's there & let them destroy it. Would they be able to take it off my hands & take care of it? I really need it gone as it is in the way.
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Car Seat destruction question??

Do you know of a fire dept like that? I know my fire dept would look at you cross eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Do you know of a fire dept like that? I know my fire dept would look at you cross eyed.
    The Fire Department that I have gotten my seat checked at has 4-5 techs there. I am not sure if they would take the seat for me or not. I just thought I would ask here & see if anyone knew if they might. I will go by there next time I go that way & ask. Or should I not ask??
    Krista Mommy 2 Marcus, 6 years old, 48 inches tall, 40-42lbs, 16 inch torso & riding in a Graco Safety Surround!!

I would ask.