Need help with a 3 across please

kidnurse

I am helping a friend with her 3 across in an 05 Altima. Rearfacing more than the infant is NOT a requirement in this case, but would be considered if feasible. The children are 8 months, 17lbs 9oz., 2 yrs, approximately 30lbs, 3 1/2 yrs , approximately 32+ lbs. Sorry, do not have torso lengths on any of the children. The available car seats are 2 Cosco highback boosters, 1 Chicco Keyfit30, 1 Maxicosi Priori, and a Marathon that expires in August, but if necessary can be used for a couple of weeks until we can work out something better for the 3 across. Which of these seats may puzzle best together? The biggest problem we are having is not being able to install an outboard seat closer to the door to allow room for the middle seat, also the Cosco highbacks do not puzzle well with the baby seats. We would like to have the baby outboard on the passenger side if at all possible.

Thanks

ADS

urchin_grey

Has she only tried installing with LATCH or has she tried the seatbelt as well? I'm not sure about a good combo in that particular vehicle, but I know sometimes you are able to push the outboard seats out farther with a seatbelt install than a LATCH install.

kidnurse

We tried both latch and seat belt in that outboard spot, the contour of the seat does not allow for the car seat to be pushed to the side but still remain tighter than 1 inch at the belt path.

urchin_grey

We tried both latch and seat belt in that outboard spot, the contour of the seat does not allow for the car seat to be pushed to the side but still remain tighter than 1 inch at the belt path.

Hmm... I would try something that's narrower at the base then that you could maybe push over farther. Maybe a Titan? Its 2 inches narrower than the Maxi Cosi, and even narrower at the base. That could possibly give you space to push the center seat to the side a bit and leave enough room for the infant seat on the other side.

This is all speculation though, maybe someone with an Altima has some better ideas. :eek:

kidnurse

I am really hoping someone with an Altima will chime in. I know traffic is light today given the holiday. I go home tomorrow and am hoping to have this resolved before I head out of state. My friend is considering a Radian or two, I have my 2 Radians with me, and my new CA, although now I am wishing I had brought my Scenera because this may be an instance where it would come in very handy. We will probably play around with at least one of my Radians in the Altima after the kids go to bed. My friend has never ordered from diapers.com before, will they price match the baby catalog price and stack the new customer 10%? Also, is the new customer code from Parents or Parenting magazine any higher than 10%?

TIA

swtgi1982

I am really hoping someone with an Altima will chime in. I know traffic is light today given the holiday. I go home tomorrow and am hoping to have this resolved before I head out of state. My friend is considering a Radian or two, I have my 2 Radians with me, and my new CA, although now I am wishing I had brought my Scenera because this may be an instance where it would come in very handy. We will probably play around with at least one of my Radians in the Altima after the kids go to bed. My friend has never ordered from diapers.com before, will they price match the baby catalog price and stack the new customer 10%? Also, is the new customer code from Parents or Parenting magazine any higher than 10%?

TIA

Ah sceneras do not really play well with others in three across. That darn bump on the thing is a pain.
I have had two RF and one FF (now a FF maestro has taken the place of the FF one) the two RF next to each other was a PITA!

jjordan

Maybe it would help if your thread had altima in the title. We actually do have an altima, but an older one, and the newer ones are much bigger, so I can't really help. (Although I can say that the way the seat is contoured in my altima would make 3 across really difficult.) How did the radian work out?

kidnurse

The Radians worked great, and puzzled really well with the Keyfit30. And I think ALL 3 children would ride rearfacing in this scenario! :thumbsup:

Now to see where to find the best deal.

We would still be interested in other, more affordable solutions.

Any ideas?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC