Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

EFTA cover fading

I'm not sure which cover I have, but my back up seat in my parents' car is an EFTA and it is now purple, but I don't think it was purple originally. It's an older seat, but not yet expired (exp. 12 of 2011). The infant insert and pillow are a tan color and the detailing on the sides of the head area are tan and greenish blue stripes.

I've read some reviews of some EFTA seats fading to purple. Is that what happened to mine? I'd love to get another cover for it.
    Kacey

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: EFTA cover fading

Not sure what your question is. You have a problem with your cover fading but it's due to expire in less than a year & a half? Did you want to know if Evenflo will replace it free of charge?

Carseat Crazy

Nope, not trying to get anything out of this. I just posted this on carseat chat because I had a general, chatty kind of question about if anyone else had heard of this happening and to which cover, since I don't know the name of my cover.
    Kacey

CPS Technician

Yep, the cover you have is called Sandbox and the 'suede' part is known to turn purple from sunlight. I have that one and it hasn't happened yet, but I'm expecting it.

Carseat Crazy

So it's not an isolated problem. Well I've seen sandbox in stores and online, so I'll be sure to avoid that cover if I get a new one! Thank you so much.
    Kacey

The tan part turns purple? I've never heard of that. Freaky!

I had a tan towel that I left in the back window of our 88 Crown Victoria and the sun bleached it turquoise! I believe it, something about the UV filter in the glass. I also have a Graco CarGo where the black faded into tan and an Evenflo Titan cover that faded sage green to almost brown.
    Verla Renae~SAHM to my 5 babies!
    T - 09/02/01 D - 09/15/02 S - 05/28/05 C - 08/26/07 R - 11/22/08

Carseat Crazy

Interesting... We have the EFTA in sandbox, and have for about 3yrs. The cover is still the same color it was when we got it...