EvenFlo Embrace

kpayne

My Embrace is moving more than an inch from side to side:eek: and I have tried reinstalling it. THe latch is tight!!! the level is correct ... I have installed it in the center. I Don't know what is wrong! When my son was first born I had the seat installed at the fire station! they installed it outboard... my Ped. told me that it is safer for the seat to be in the center for side impact. What should my next move be?

ADS

emandbri

hum when you had it installed did they try it in the middle? Do you have a hump there? Maybe the installers couldn't get a good fit in the middle which is why they put it on the side. A tight install on the side is better then a lose install in the middle.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My Embrace is moving more than an inch from side to side:eek: and I have tried reinstalling it. THe latch is tight!!! the level is correct ... I have installed it in the center. I Don't know what is wrong! When my son was first born I had the seat installed at the fire station! they installed it outboard... my Ped. told me that it is safer for the seat to be in the center for side impact. What should my next move be?

Are you *allowed* to install it in the middle with LATCH? Only a few cars allow that. What car do you have?

(The LATCH anchors MUST be approved, and they MUST be 11 inches apart, no wider for it to be safely installed with LATCH in the center). The ped SHOULD have told you that a PROPER install is more important than which position it's in (even outboard seating positions are remarkably safe for rearfacing babies, so if it only works outboard, then that's where it should be, don't second guess the techs who helped you install it, they may know more than your ped).

:)

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
getting a good install is much more important than installing it in the center anyday...keep in mind that the ENTIRE back seat is the safest place for baby, and while statistically the center is the safest seat out of the three in the rear, the outboard positions are very safe as well. quite honestly, the embrace isnt the easiet base to install, so you can also try taking it to a local CPS and maybe they can help.

kpayne

I have a 2005 honda civic... I read the cars manual and thought that it had said the middle is ok... I will have to read it again!:confused:
yes there is a small hump I believe!

I don't know if it was a true tech... my mom took it there on thanksgiving day. So I don't know if it was a tech or a firefighter? I was still in the hospital waiting to be released!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC