Grandmother wants to take DS in car

MomtoRyan

My mom wants to take DS (almost 3) in the car with her. She drives a 2002 grand am se and I am wondering if there is any advice?

We have a britax BV and a truefit.

ADS

Mae

I've got an '04 Grand Am, 4 door. Does your mom have a 2 Door or 4 Door?

I've never tried a Boulevard, but I do have a True Fit.

Would he be FF or RF? Center or Outboard? There is no LATCH in the center position, so you'll have to use the seatbelt.

I've got all kinds of tricks to install the seat, just let me know where he'll be sitting and what direction he's facing. :)

MomtoRyan

She has a 4 door. Ryan is still rearfacing and I was hoping to put him in the center. I would appreciate any suggestions thanks ;)

Mae

If myliljunebugs says that the BV goes in very easily, I would probably just take that one, if you catch my drift. ;)

To put the TF in the center, you have to twist the buckle down 2 full times. Then once you buckle the seatbelt and get it appropriately tightened, I had to literally sit where the baby's feet would be while I pulled the seatbelt out of the way from the lock off. I could also pull a little more slack out of the seatbelt by doing this.

I'll quote my post (from my thread) when I finally got it installed.

Alright, I GOT IT!!! :D

I actually stood in the seat with my feet standing where H's feet would be, that gave me a little slack in the belt. I saw the slack and of course, I tightened the belt a little bit and buckled all while I pulled the belt away from the lock-offs.

And yep, two full twists! One of the twists went straight down into the cushions between the seats and then the last twist is above the cushions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC