• Donate it for training class

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
How should we handle our Evenflo OHS Tribute that we just got back from my inlaws (before they donated it to a shelter)?

We can destroy it - via chainsaw or running over it :D Or donate it to a CPS Instructor to use for training...

Any other ideas?

ADS

lynsgirl

As much as I'd dearly love to see pictures of you running it over (or whoever) :D , I also know seats for training purposes are not always easy to come by, so I'd probably go that route.

mominabigtruck

Is it expired? I know ohs seats aren't that great but I'm sure someone could use it if there isn't something wrong with it. I've given people ohs seats before just because I know they're easy to use and I'd rather them have that then nothing at all or a booster.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
DOM is 2002, so it has one year left in it... Since I have better options for my chilld, I had not considered giving it to someone else to use. Honestly? I'd rather buy some Sceneras for someone than give them this seat. Sure, it's better than nothing or better than an expired seat. Maybe if I destroy it, I'll buy a Scenera and donate it either to someone who needs one (not sure how to find someone) or donate it to an organization that gives out seats.

Actually, I'm volunteering for an agency that helps at-risk pregnant women/new mothers. Many of them are low-income and could probably use a seat, even though many of them may qualify for a seat through WIC. But there is a "closet" of used baby gear that we have access to. There are no carseats in there (and I'd check it out good if there were!). Maybe I can redeem myself of destroying this seat by buying a new Scenera and putting it in the closet.

Regardless, I don't feel good about giving someone else a seat that I don't think is safe enough for my own child any more... I guess that's what it comes down to. :)

LuvBug

with only a year I wouldnt trust someone else to stop using it at the expiration date... so I would donate it for training or destroy it.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Maybe I can redeem myself of destroying this seat by buying a new Scenera and putting it in the closet.

Regardless, I don't feel good about giving someone else a seat that I don't think is safe enough for my own child any more... I guess that's what it comes down to. :)

I like that idea-- replace it with a new Scenera that someonw needy can use. :) That's a great idea!

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I voted to donate it. I took a class in a not so economically propsporous (sp?) area (well it is depending on which side of town) and our instructor stated that they install these all the time.

Our instructor kept telling us that were not "car seat salespeople" and were obligated to install seats (even ones that were 10+ years old, because the 6 years was a "suggestion"!) Personally, I think thats BS, if they want my opinion on a particular seat, i'd be happy to oblige ;)

I guess I agree somewhat- you can't make a parent buy a 5 point harness. At least you can properly install the carseat they want to use. It'd be great if techs had a OHS onhand to learn how to install prior to a seatcheck

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC