Dodge Caliber questions

MommaTooters

A friend of mine has a Dodge Caliber and wants to move up to something bigger with the third baby on the way. We have a Chevy Uplander and do not plan to need any more than the two seats that we are already using. I've been looking at other cars and the Caliber never crossed my mind till she jokingly said, 'we should trade cars!'

Now I'm really tempted to do just that! But before I even approached my dh with the idea I wanted to see how well two car sears would fit in the back with enough leg room for the kids and parents!

The two seats that we currently have are the Graco Nauti and the Evenflo Triumph Advance. Both forward facing.

Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly about this car with kids and share some pics if you have them!! :thumbsup:

ADS

Neatfreak

We rented one for a couple of weeks, a couple of years ago. I thought it spacious. We had nothing fancy, carseat-wise in it, though - just DD1's FFing MA!

BrendansMommy

My sister has one. She recently saw a huge decrease in gas mileage for no apparent reason. She took it to the dealership and they told they couldn't do anything. So, I don't if it is an issue with the car or the dealership, you know?

A GN and a RF MA went in there really easily, though.

skipspin

I got one as a loaner when my Jeep had a recall. I'd go test drive one. I hated how the windows seemed so high- like I could barely see out the side. But, I'm short and maybe just be weird about it since I was used to driving a Jeep. I think I had DS1 in his infant seat and DD in the YS when I had it for a day and I know there weren't any problems with the seats. It would have been an 07 probably. I think it was early 08 when I had it.

jaclynb

I have a 2010 Caliber and I love it! I have a 5 yr old in the Evenflo Generations 65 behind the driver's seat and a 2 month old in a Graco Snugride behind the passenger's seat. My 5 yr old has never complained about leg room even when DH drives and he is 6ft.

You're serious?

No, I wouldn't do it personally. Room wise, you're prolly fine. However, some things to note.

The 2010 Caliber came with an upgraded interior. I don't think you're swapping for a 2010 tho. The new interior was, shall we say, desparately needed. Granted, even if you're being charitable, you couldn't call the Uplander's interior "good" either. However, the Caliber and sister models were famous because when they were first reviewed (by pros and regular consumers alike), fascinating discoveries were made regarding the interior such as being able to cut flesh on some exposed plastic edges of many examples. Not every car had this problem, but many did (among other things). The vehicle wasn't exactly a shining example of quality.

That said, you could get them for dirt cheap and you got quite a bit of space for your money. However, since you're considering a swap, you don't get that benefit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC