Those Darn TB Screws!

sixmaybemore

Hey, will Graco send like, a bunch of these for us to pass out? Or is there a certain size we can just go BUY?

I swear not a single TB I have seen in recent times have had the screws in them, and not one parent even remembered screws coming with it. I wish I could just have packets of these handy and just pass 'em out with that part of the instructions lol.

ADS

Mae

Or you can click here and order up to five screws per order. Personally, I order about 5 sets at a time, each comes with 5 per order (so 25 screws total). Then they're free, I don't have to worry about finding the correct one, yadda yadda yadda. ETA -- I just went to order some and it seems like now you can only order 3 screws per each order? Still, I would just put in a bunch of orders.

Then I just put them all in a ziplock bag and keep them in my car. :)

Last edited:

sixmaybemore

Or you can click here and order up to five screws per order. Personally, I order about 5 sets at a time, each comes with 5 per order (so 25 screws total). Then they're free, I don't have to worry about finding the correct one, yadda yadda yadda. ETA -- I just went to order some and it seems like now you can only order 3 screws per each order? Still, I would just put it a bunch of orders.

Oh, hey, thanks!!

Mommy0608

Yeah, there is a thread somewhere. #10 machine screw. 3/4'.

That was my thread that said that... however, I found out that you need more info than just that unfortunately, and they are very hard to find. I ended up ordering 3 free screws from Graco, and also sending a set to some family members to build up my stock.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That was my thread that said that... however, I found out that you need more info than just that unfortunately, and they are very hard to find. I ended up ordering 3 free screws from Graco, and also sending a set to some family members to build up my stock.

Ah, I could have some sent to friends :thumbsup:. Not that I've used my first 3 up yet. :whistle:

amy&girls

Thank you for posting where you can get them!!! I got some for my friends seat, and when they come in, I am making her put them in her seat before she leaves my house b/c she says she didn't put them in to begin with b/c she didn't see the point, and then she lost them. I also grabbed 2 for myself for my daughters seat, b/c you never know, right? (Hers currently HAS the screws in!)

Mae

How are you ordering multiple sets per order?

Just after you complete one order, go back to the order form and put in another order. You can't put in more than one order for the screws per order, but I just keep going back.

Does that make sense? LOL. It's awful wordy. :p

mom2juliarose

We just had a TB shipped to my parents' house for DD to use when we go there next month. My dad needs to assemble it before we arrive, and the first thing I said to him was, "DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN THE SCREWS ON THE ARMREST!!"

sixmaybemore

We just had a TB shipped to my parents' house for DD to use when we go there next month. My dad needs to assemble it before we arrive, and the first thing I said to him was, "DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN THE SCREWS ON THE ARMREST!!"

Ha, I saw a lady in Target today buying a TB, and I almost said "Don't forget to put the screws in the armrest!!".

tjham

I have given out several sets to friends and they STILL didn't put them in. *sigh* I ordered more and put them in myself. I discovered on one booster that the arms were in reversed. (How did they even do that?- I had a heck of a time getting them out.) And another one had one armrest at the lower height and the other at the upper height. :rolleyes:

ctbcleveland

Dumb question - do the highbacks need screws too?

We aren't at booster age yet but some friends have kids in turbos and I wanted to ask the question.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I have given out several sets to friends and they STILL didn't put them in. *sigh* I ordered more and put them in myself. I discovered on one booster that the arms were in reversed. (How did they even do that?- I had a heck of a time getting them out.) And another one had one armrest at the lower height and the other at the upper height. :rolleyes:

That is SO frustrating. I have a friend who bought turbos for both of her kids. After she did I reminded her to put the screws in. She said her dh put them together and she doesn't remember seeing screws but she was going to look. Months later I look at her seats and still no screws. I just don't understand it.

sixmaybemore

Does anybody know WHY Graco sends out these boosters w/o the screws in them? I think I've only ever seen maybe ONE TB with the screws in it!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Or you can click here and order up to five screws per order. Personally, I order about 5 sets at a time, each comes with 5 per order (so 25 screws total). Then they're free, I don't have to worry about finding the correct one, yadda yadda yadda. ETA -- I just went to order some and it seems like now you can only order 3 screws per each order? Still, I would just put in a bunch of orders.

Thanks!!!! I ordered some!

ctbcleveland

Does anybody know WHY Graco sends out these boosters w/o the screws in them? I think I've only ever seen maybe ONE TB with the screws in it!

I am sure that someone has done the math on the pennies saved in labor and that justifies it. It is the same reason that toys have "some" assembly required...your labor is free once you buy the product...they have to pay their employees to screw in the screws...:rolleyes:

Qarin

Also, the seat packs into a smaller box with the arms detached, which saves money in shipping and in box material.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC