I have all the info, which one should i get?

vcgirl925

My son is 3 years old, 36" tall, 36lbs, and his torso is measuring 14". We have a 03 toyota sienna.

I've narrowed it down to the Britax Regent or the Radian 65/80. The only major difference is that the Radian straps go to 18" and the Regent straps go to 20". Do you think that 4" is enough room to grow in the Radian? He's a pretty small guy, only 7th percentile for height.

I'm going to buy one online tonight!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Virginia
Nicholas (3) and Lily (1)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think I'd go Radian 65. It's more comfortable for sleeping, you can move it to another car or take it on a plane easily, and with your kids as young as they are, the Regent would expire well before it's outlived it's usefulness, so maybe that can be your next seat in a couple years?

:)

scatterbunny

I agree. :) If you didn't have a younger child to pass the Radian down to, I might lean towards the Regent, but I think at his size the Radian will be more comfy. :) We went with a Husky (same as Regent) for my dd when she was 2.5, 38 inches and 35 pounds, and she loved it, but she was long-torsoed then and I was afraid she'd outgrow the 65# limit seats by height too soon. Looking back, I think I should have gone with a Marathon (or a Radian, if it had been on the market then), and moved to a Husky/Regent later.

gwenvet

I disagree. I have a 3 1/2 yr old, 35lb son who has been in a Regent since last fall. He loves it and never complains that it is too big or uncomfortable. It will get used its full 6yr lifespan and then he can go into a booster. I think it would be a much better use of your money since the Radian will be outgrown sooner than the Regent. Just depends on how long you want him to be in a 5 point harness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC