Flight is in two days and I'm still not sure which seats to bring!

oxeye

Help me decide. :)

DS in easy-peasy - CCO with our Flash stroller. Heaven for travel!!

DD1 - she will be boostered for the trip. I can pack her Parkway in the original box or in the luggage, but I'm running out of room in the luggage and don't really want to pay to check another bag. I might not have a choice though. I've debated buying a Turbo high back and checking that under the plane in the original box to avoid having to pack up the Parkway at the airport (at 4:30 in the morning! :eek:) Paying for the extra bag each way makes the cost of the Turbo a wash (since I think I can check it under the plane for free if it is obviously a car seat).

DD2 (nearly 5 years old, but a total peanut!)- I can either bring the Radian and use it on the plane or put her in a Turbo high back for the trip. I'm leaning towards the Radian but we have a connection in Phoenix which means hauling the heavy thing through an extra airport. She would be fine in the Turbo, though I'm not sure how she would do if she slept in the car on the trip. I should probably just deal with the Radian for her.

I've never had a connection when I've traveled with kids before. If I gate check a stroller, do I get it in the connecting airport or does it go all the way through to our final destination? That could change things a bit for me!

Last edited:
ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If you gate check, you'll get the stroller back for your connection, then gate check it again under the second plane.

I have a couple of Radian carry straps, you could borrow if you like, if you don't have them, for DD2.

DD1 I would probably buy the Turbo -- but have a backup plan if they lose it and you get to your destination booster-less. Are you travelling with another adult who can just go buy a Turbo when you arrive?

oxeye

If you gate check, you'll get the stroller back for your connection, then gate check it again under the second plane.

I have a couple of Radian carry straps, you could borrow if you like, if you don't have them, for DD2.

DD1 I would probably buy the Turbo -- but have a backup plan if they lose it and you get to your destination booster-less. Are you travelling with another adult who can just go buy a Turbo when you arrive?

I have carry straps but thanks for the offer! And good to know about getting the stroller back. That will make things a lot easier in Phoenix.

My mom will be with us so worst case scenario she can go somewhere to buy another seat for DD1 if we need it.

Jan06twinmom

I would do the turbo for DD1. I'm planning to do what other people have suggested - pack the back in the luggage and take the nbb on the airplane. This should avoid extra luggage and worst case scenario is that your oldest is using a nbb to leave the airport. You can also leave the parkway in the car at the airport.

Melanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC