Auto mirrors for RFers

Holly

I know Auto Mirrors are left as a parental decision on whether to use them or not. We like them so we can see and talk to ds (He knows to look there for us too). We used to have the Sunshine kids ones until I realized the mirror can come off the pivot thing, so it could fly off in a wreck, and it was a pretty heavy mirror too.

I since found this cool Munchkin mirror that we used and I liked a lot, it attached to the headrest by strapping around and over the headrest (so 2 different straps).

The sun has eaten through the top strap, so we can't position the mirror to be able to see ds anymore. Plus I don't want to use it anymore if it only has one stap holding it on now and it's been exposed to the sun through the window as long as the first strap has been.

So, I'm going to get a new mirror and just inspect the straps often for wear from the sun. I was thinking about getting [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Backseat-Safety-Mirror/dp/B001QXCF44"]one of these[/ame], because it's also from munchkin and attaches the same way, but I think the mirror would be easier to see since it's a circle (the rectangle mirrors seem to distort the face a little).
Also I think ds would get a kick out of looking at Elmo, he loves sesame street.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any other mirror recomendations before I order, or if you have used that particular mirror? I like that it's on a pivot thing (But it's actually attached where it won't fly off like the sunshine kids mirror) because the pivots make it so easy to get the perfect angle.
I want a mirror that absolutely attaches securely.

ADS

Melanie

Can you see it IRL? I'm concerned that the part that makes it swivel could be hard. Like what if it's just behind the mirror part and it could stab through if enough force was slammed into it?

I have a mirror similar to this: http://www.giggle.com/p/26828/Safety-1st-See-Baby-Soft-Mirror.aspx Mine is rectangular but I don't see it anywhere. Mine doesn't swivel, but I keep it a bit lose and am able to tilt it to the needed angle. It, well mine, but this one looks to attach the same, has a strap with a plastic clasp to either hook onto a tether anchor in a sedan or you can pull the strap all the way around the headrest and it hooks into itself. It's just plastic, but I still make sure the hook is on the back or top of the headrest instead of in the front....you know that though.

aeormsby

I really like the fisher price ones [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Baby-View-Mirror/dp/B000TVGRTI/ref=pd_cp_ba_1"]Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Rainforest Baby View Auto Mirror: Baby[/ame]

The one we have will hook onto the tether anchor in a sedan. We have it securely wrapped around the headrest in our SUV (ours is a little different than the one linked - different pictures around it).

mamajava

Senior Community Member
I have the circle Eddie Bauer one from Target. It's a pain in the butt to get it positioned! But otherwise I like it.

chloebeansmom

I really like the fisher price ones Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Rainforest Baby View Auto Mirror: Baby

The one we have will hook onto the tether anchor in a sedan. We have it securely wrapped around the headrest in our SUV (ours is a little different than the one linked - different pictures around it).

This is what we have for DD and I plan to get the same one for baby#2. It attaches very securely and has a good clear view. i've had a couple of others but they never worked well.

Holly

Can you see it IRL? I'm concerned that the part that makes it swivel could be hard. Like what if it's just behind the mirror part and it could stab through if enough force was slammed into it?

I don't know, I havent seen it IRL before. The "where to buy" on the Munchkin website says that Walmart has it, but I've never seen it there, not at any of the Walmarts I've been to.
The one we were just using that broke is [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20005-EasyView-Backseat-Mirror/dp/B001I45F8Y/ref=pd_sbs_ba_9"]this one[/ame]. It's the same brand and the pictures of how it attaches look the same, so I'm assuming it's the same pivot too. It's just a small plastic pivot at the back of the mirror. I don't think it could come through the mirror, not unless there was some HUGE wreck that would be unsurvivable anyway. I like it because it's securely attached to the part that hooks to the head rest.

Holly

I decided to go ahead and order the sesame street one. I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime last month and only have 2 more days where I can use it before I cancel it. I got free shipping with it, I should get the mirror on Tuesday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC