Called Graco today re: broken SS1 base ...

MarathonMama

Ugh, so I FINALLY got a hold of them after leaving 2 messages and not receiving a return phone call :thumbsdown: about our broken base for a SS1 that I borrowed from a friend to use for DS. The lock off was in perfect working order before we needed to reinstall it many times to get our 3 across figured out. Now it won't stay closed unless there is a seatbelt in the lock off. I posted about it here several months ago and the consensus was that Graco has replaced these bases.

First of all, when I told her that the belt lock off is broken, she didn't understand what I meant and after me explaining it was the part in the belt path that locks the UAS or seat belt so you don't have to lock the belt at the retractor she was like "oh the red button". :eek: Um DUH! The rep then told me that she had never heard of that happening before and put me on hold (presumably to brush up on her basic car seat mechanics). :whistle:

Her solution: to have me pay to have it shipped to them for testing and they would either repair it or replace it. She figured the shipping would be $30 + tax.

I told her that I was not satisfied with that solution and I didn't find it approriate for me to pay to ship the base when it shouldn't be broken from normal installation and human force! She said the best she can do is to put a call in to her supervisor and he/she would call me back tomorrow. Hmmm, ok fine I guess "as long as you actually call me back since you have neglected to return my calls in the past".

Am I missing something? Am I right to feel it's not my responsibility to pay to ship it to them?

* I bought a SR35 months ago for DS because I wasn't going to use the base (obviously) and I couldn't use the seat baseless for our 3 across.

ADS

PEIMommyof2

That same thing happened to one of my bases. It was under 1 year old (maybe still under warranty, not sure of warranty time) and I had to send them defective base and they sent me a new one. They paid the postage, they sent me a sticker for postage paid!! It did take about 2 weeks to figure out and I had to send them a video clip of what it was doing. This was in 2008. HTH

MarathonMama

Yeah, see I KNOW it's not the first time this has happened ... that's what really irks me! She tried to tell me they've never heard of that before!

Someone called me back (presumably her supervisor) yesterday so I call them back and post an update for anyone wondering.

Should it matter that it's past it's warranty? I mean, really, is it only meant to last for the 1 year? Sheesh!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC