ProBooster (pic heavy)

kaleigh71

Finally got to check it out. I think, from what I have learned about boosters on here, that DS fits pretty well. Just for curiosity's sake I also put DD1 in it and snapped some pics.

I like the cover, the seat feels pretty solid, and my son likes it. I don't feel he is ready for full time use, but I plan to keep letting him have training time on shorter trips.

Input is always appreciated!

100_3261.jpg

100_3264.jpg

I did check, it is sitting low and not on the abdomen.

100_3262.jpg

And here is 4y/o DD1, approx. 36lbs, 39.5". She is still in her WZ, booster is not going to be happening anytime soon.

100_3265.jpg

100_3268.jpg

100_3266.jpg

Her right shoulder has a bit of a slope to it due to having torticollis as an infant, you can sort of see that here.

100_3269.jpg

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the fit looks greast on the tiny kids...I'm wondering how biug the booster gets, and if ti would work for bigger booster kids? 8, 9 year olds? The armrests seem to flare out, but even so, your tiny little kids seem to be taking up most pof the actual seating area?
Also, can you actually us ethe armrests? They seem to be sort of high enough, but do to the flare out, too far away from the child to be comfy?

mburks26

I have one major request Please (TIA). A pic of the bottom. Need to compare to how the Vivo bottom and if you could measure the bottom.
Thanks

kaleigh71

I have one major request Please (TIA). A pic of the bottom. Need to compare to how the Vivo bottom and if you could measure the bottom.
Thanks

Will get some measurements and a pic of the bottom tonight. I also love the DOM - 5/14/10. Talk about fresh from the factory!

crunchierthanthou

Will get some measurements and a pic of the bottom tonight. I also love the DOM - 5/14/10. Talk about fresh from the factory!

wow! that is great. Where was it made? I remember the brand new Recaro convertibles being older than that because there was a delay coming over from China.

kaleigh71

the fit looks greast on the tiny kids...I'm wondering how biug the booster gets, and if ti would work for bigger booster kids? 8, 9 year olds? The armrests seem to flare out, but even so, your tiny little kids seem to be taking up most pof the actual seating area?
Also, can you actually us ethe armrests? They seem to be sort of high enough, but do to the flare out, too far away from the child to be comfy?

They do flare out, but it isn't as flared as the pics make it seem. I'm not sure about how it might fit for bigger kids. I can see where the sides get wider farther up, so maybe that helps accommodate growing shoulders. My kids seem to have just the right amount of extra room for growth, but not as much as DS had when I tried him in the Monterey.

firemomof3

:yeahthat:
Ya, I'm wondering how tall it goes also. Great pics, thanks so much for posting them. The fit looks great, and I love the deep sides and support :love:

kaleigh71

I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing earlier :eek:. Tomorrow morning. I didn't let my son buckle himself, but I will see if he can tomorrow as well. There seemed to be a good amount of height to the headrest, but until I measure it I can't compare it to anything else.

As far as where it was made, I recall it saying something about being assembled in Michigan, I think. Again....tomorrow, lol. :whistle:

KrisM

I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing earlier :eek:. Tomorrow morning. I didn't let my son buckle himself, but I will see if he can tomorrow as well. There seemed to be a good amount of height to the headrest, but until I measure it I can't compare it to anything else.

As far as where it was made, I recall it saying something about being assembled in Michigan, I think. Again....tomorrow, lol. :whistle:

The company is about 0.5 miles from where DH works. I wonder if they make them there. It'd be nice if they sold them around here!

ETA: In Michigan :).

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I'm still so perplexed that Recaro didn't add this seat to their website until after it was pretty much on the market. The info on the website is really just pathetic!!! Surely a company of that size can get decent info on their website!!

kaleigh71

My apologies for the glare on the measuring tape. When I measured the belt guide height I did not press down on the bottom of the seat, so take that for whatever it is worth. If there are any other measurements needed, let me know and I'll try to get them while the seat is in the house.

100_3273.jpg

100_3272.jpg

100_3274.jpg

100_3275.jpg

100_3276.jpg

100_3278.jpg

100_3279.jpg

100_3280.jpg

100_3271.jpg

Last edited:

firemomof3

GREAT pics, thanks! So, nice seat depth, tall top belt guides...oh how I love thee :love:
I can't hold out much longer...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC