Can RA 50 wear Marathon clothes etc...

There's a RA 50 on clearance at local Target for $139 but it has a oh so "not cute" cover... the only RA 50 cover I care for is the beige one and this one is navy stripes... If I buy this can I put MA cover on it? (much easier to fnd etc)

Also, I'm beginning to think a MA is kind of pointless as they don't reach 65lbs in it often enough so would you just as quickly buy the RA50? opinions please...just exploring the option for RFing Olivia in it when the RA is outgrown and possibly FFing a 35lb 3 yr old short term who is almost out of the RA.

Thanks!

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

You could, but it won't fit perfect. A decathlon cover would fit much better. The marathon cover only has 1 crotch slot position, and the harness heights are a tad taller, by like millimeters, but add up. THe crotch position falls in between 2 of the others.

crunchierthanthou

I think that pattern is called Sutton.

Some posters have put MA covers on both the FPSVD and Decathlon - both of which have the same basic shell as the RA50. Like Jennifer said, it may not line up exactly. FWIW, all Britax covers seem to shift a bit. :whistle:

dhardawa

I had a Marathon cover on a FPSVD and it fit PERFECTLY. It fit the FPSVD better than it fit the Marathon.

NannyMom

When the RA50 first came out, I went to BRU and swapped covers with their MA. It seemed to fit fine to me.

Just keep i mind.... I would think all the current Britax convertibles may be getting great low prices soon to make way for the new ones coming this summer.

Stacy

Hi DisneyWorldNanny!

If you remember my DD has the same exact seat (2 actually) and same age, and she's got about 3" (I think).

We seem to be having an issue with the RA in DH's car; she suddenly seems squished, it's actually making it hard to buckle her in :(.

Just wondering, how much room does your sis have left in her RA?

jeminijad

Also, I'm beginning to think a MA is kind of pointless as they don't reach 65lbs in it often enough so would you just as quickly buy the RA50?
Thanks!

If I was going to buy Britax... Personally, with as cheap as you can find Marathons if you hunt a little, I would still buy a Marathon- because I LOVE LATCH bars!

But that is just a quirk of mine. You are right that you will get the same use out of both seats, and one is cheaper.

Hi DisneyWorldNanny!

If you remember my DD has the same exact seat (2 actually) and same age, and she's got about 3" (I think).

We seem to be having an issue with the RA in DH's car; she suddenly seems squished, it's actually making it hard to buckle her in :(.

Just wondering, how much room does your sis have left in her RA?

Yes, Olivia is more squished in the RA than in her BLVD these days but still has the room above her head and on the bottom slots still :eek:. She hasn't been in it in almost 2 weeks as my mom's had her down at the beach for a few days at a time but I think I'm taking he to Disney in the morning so I can check accurately and snap a picture or two :) I'm thinking ahead right now, she loves the RA but maybe she just liked my car because she can see so much more than in my mom's Sequoia...

If I was going to buy Britax... Personally, with as cheap as you can find Marathons if you hunt a little, I would still buy a Marathon- because I LOVE LATCH bars!

But that is just a quirk of mine. You are right that you will get the same use out of both seats, and one is cheaper.

I agree on the love of the LATCH bars :) in fact that was the only thing I could come up with when I was comparing the RA 50 and the MA... they are nice and I completely agree with you but shoot- if I can grab a RA 50 for $100 or less I can live without them given I have survived without them on the RA haha... it did seem silly when I thought about it as I don't have them now and I'm fine with it. They are awesome though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC