Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Need Help Finding Harnessed Seat for Sierra/Silverado Bench Seat

I have been racking my brain and I need some serious help finding a seat that will work for my DH's truck. He has a 2001 GMC Sierra (Silverado is the sister truck for that model) extended cab with the suicide doors that has a shorter lenght (from butt to knees) bench seat in the back. My DD is almost 3 just hit 35 pounds and FF. She is super tall in the 95th percentile for height. She was RF until just recently and we turned her Marathon around and I can't get a good install with the Marathon FF!!! She is sitting outboard with a belt install right now. The seat hits the glass and ends up looking like it is tipped forward.

I would like to get her a new FF harnessed/high back booster combo seat and pass down the Marathon to my 6 month old DD soon. I can't seem to find the total length of seats anywhere only the widths.

I need reccomendations on a FF harnessed/booster seat for a VERY tall 3yo 35lbs. (I can get measurements later) so top slot heights is an issue for us. I would like something to be able to keep her harnessed for a longer time. The seat almost needs to be in an L shape to fit well on the seat. Nautilus is out since not able to hang over on the seat. I do have a new Frontier 85 for my car, but wasn't really happy with the install when I tried it out in his truck, it seemed like their was too much of the base hanging over? I don't mind paying more for a seat that will last longer keeping her harnessed longer, so budget is not a consideration.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Need Help Finding Harnessed Seat for Sierra/Silverado Bench Seat

I would look at the Meastro. It has top of 18" and harnesses to 50#. Its basicly a one piece seat.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)