Any other babywearers? What do you have in your stash?....

emandbri

htn harmony, how heavy is "too heavy" I'm would like something cooler for the summer and was thinking maybe guaze but afraid it wouldn't be as comfortable. My dd will be 1 in July and is around 21 lbs.

thanks!

ADS

Synchro246

I've got two new native pouches, one ring sling, two gauze wraps, and a mei tai in the making. I also have a maya ring sling that is a friend of mine's and I like it OK. It's nice to use as a leash now. I got rid of the padded ring sling(useless and ugly), the baby bjorn (holy crap that thing hurt), a couple of superfluous wraps (there is a such thing as too many), and the framed backpack.

I live in Florida and my son was born in February. He was 21lb by May (3mo) and I didn't stop wearing him until I got pregnant again(~16mo) and he was about 30lb. I would have gone a bit longer if I wasn't pregnant and exhausted.
I used the gauze wraps A LOT, but they were pretty hot for outdoor use in the summer. I liked the new native better for out doors. I am hoping to finish the mei tai by the time this baby is born (May) to see if it's cooler. I was thinking of making a gauze pouch too. That would probably be ideal for summers here. I would like to get a strechy moby, but I hear they are really hot to wear. Depending on how fat this baby is maybe I'll get one for the fall & winter.

Hopefully this kid will gain more slowly and I can wear him longer. I know my first son would have liked to have been worn longer.

oxeye

I have a Maya Wrap, a Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch, and a Mei Tei.

I don't use any of them much anymore now that the little one mostly wants to walk if she doesn't want to be in her stroller. :( I should probably think about selling them soon.

Jordynsmama

I was at the park today and noticed a mom attempting to wrap her baby to her back with a sheet. I was like, what is that-that is a really long wrap? Now I know it was a sheet... I watched her and it took a couple minutes and looked kinda complicated- but the baby looked pretty comfy. Personally I wouldn't feel secure not having him at reach with just a sheet holding him to me at that age (maybe 8-12 months)
I had my dd almost 5 yrs ago and wasn't up on all this stuff yet :) but when I have my next I will be a definite baby wearer with tons of slings and wraps!!

triscuitsmom

What do I have? A lot ;)

I have:
-a Coastal Slings pouch
-a SBP slingified Didymos wrap ring sling
-a BabyHawk reversible Mei Tai
-a KozyCarrier Mei Tai
-an OMG Mei Tai

and 5 wraps:
-Didymos Tobi sz 5
-EllaRoo Seattle sz 4.2m
-EllaRoo Ysabel sz 4.2m
-Hoppediz Paris shortie
-Gypsy Mama BBB Morgaine

The last two are still on their way but I love everything else in my stash. They all have their purposes and their times I grab for them. They have changed my life and made it so much easier :love:

bbartlettnfld

I used a Theodore Bean Maclaren soft carrier that I loved!! I could carry DD in it when she was well over a year and it fit DH and I well and we are bigger people.
I tried a sling once while visiting a friend and we went for a walk but I did not like it, I didn't feel secure and I still felt like I needed to hold on to her tightly, she did fall asleep but she was tired anyway!:D
I'll probably re-use DD's Maclaren for #2 but I really want to use my Bugaboo bassinet so we'll see what happens.
BethAnn

vonfirmath

I want to baby wear when my baby comes. Unfortunately, nothing I can register for at Babies R Us looks useful and gets good reviews :(

I was playing with getting either a Maya Lightly Padded Sling (Yummy green blue fabric and it comes with a DVD to teach you how! AND the sizing is pretty simple) or a Hot sling (I forget where I was looking at these at). But my baby isn't due until the end of July and so I have to wait on the Maya Wrap (They only have a 90 day return policy if it is the wrong size!)

I've got several people at church who wear their babies, but I'm really shy to ask what they are using/etc. I know -- summer baby in Texas -- I need something really light.

santecno

I only have a Kangaroo Korner Cotton Pouch. I'm on the hunt for something else, I'm thinking Mei Tai.

I do have a Kelty front pack and back pack, I don't use the front pack anymore though since buying the pouch.

twom

I just had a Kangaroo Korner lightly padded sling. I loved it! I wish I had known about baby wearing when my oldest was a baby, because I missed out with her.

Jody

LeeLi

I'm a nanny and don't have kids of my own but I already have 2 ella roo wraps(a long and a short) and a WAHM mai tai. Before having "real" wraps I used sheets and just plain fabric, both of which work quite well. I do love the ella roo wraps, especially for a hip carry and they are light enough to be good for summer. I used one last summer in hot desert weather for a 20+lb 9 mos old and was rarely too hot. I like that the ella roos are hand woven by a collective of weavers that are paid fair wages.
I've also used a snugli/bijorn, a maya wrap, OTSBH, and an ergo that belonged to families I worked for and none of them worked well for me.

emandbri

I've got several people at church who wear their babies, but I'm really shy to ask what they are using/etc. I know -- summer baby in Texas -- I need something really light.

Go ask them questions! Believe me babywears love to spread the babywearing love!

BrookeSLP

I want to baby wear when my baby comes. Unfortunately, nothing I can register for at Babies R Us looks useful and gets good reviews :(

I was playing with getting either a Maya Lightly Padded Sling (Yummy green blue fabric and it comes with a DVD to teach you how! AND the sizing is pretty simple) or a Hot sling (I forget where I was looking at these at). But my baby isn't due until the end of July and so I have to wait on the Maya Wrap (They only have a 90 day return policy if it is the wrong size!)

Where in Texas are you? I've got a 10% off coupon code for heavenlybundle.com if you'd like. She carries 100% cotton slings and is in College Station, so they are heat tested.
Actually, anyone can use that code if they are interested, just PM me.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I'm kind of intimidated by all the choices out there. I have a Bjorn, and have always had good luck with it in the past, although never used it on a regular basis. I know when I get a little one, I'll need to have something to keep my hands free while I tend to the other kids.

Will the Bjorn serve my needs? Or is there something better? FWIW, I'm tall (5'11") and fluffy!

cdncasper

I love to babywear. So far I have....
DIY Mei Tai
2 DIY wraps
1 Two Hearts MT
2 Joyful Heart Baby ring slings
1 ecobabies rebozo
1 DIY hybrid carrier

In the pocess of making another DIY MT, another DIY wrap and another DIY hybrid carrier.

mamisan

I don't have any wraps but I would like to try them. I do have several maya wraps (which are worth WAY more than 2 dollars, if even just to pay the women who hand weave them!) I loved them for my son. For my daughter I've been using and loving my mei tais. I like being able to pop her on my back and let her snooze while I clean or walk or whatever. She gets excited every time she sees it.

I also have a rebozo that she likes, a hot sling pouch and a bunch of other miscellaneous carriers.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
I wish I had more. For now I have
2 Lucky Baby Fleece pouches
1 Hotslings reversable pouch
1 Maya Wrap Adjustable Pouch
1 thin WAHM pouch I used for the pool
2 WAHM MTs, 1 thin unpadded straps, 1 heavier w/padded straps

I had a Maya Wrap sling that I liked, but just prefer pouches and MTs.

I used my trusty OTSBH ring slings for years, from my 2nd child's birth (he's 12 now) until my youngest was born 3 yrs. ago. At that point, I discovered all of the other wonderful wraps, mei tais, etc. out there! My favorite thing at that point was to use my sarong/sari beach covers to sling my little one ring sling/pouch style. I had several sarongs that I loved to use, and they were the perfect material for the humid Florida summer weather with a tiny baby. They weren't as comfortable after she got heavier, though, so I stopped using them around the time she was 18 months or so (20 lbs.). I also had a WAHM Mei Tai that I used for about a year for back-carry only, but I passed it along to a friend with a new baby because she needed a carrier and I thought it would suit her needs. Now I have a short Ella Roo wrap, but I rarely use it now that my youngest is 3. It's more trouble to get her tied on than it's worth most of the time, and she's usually just as happy riding in the cart or walking and helping me shop.

I think our babywearing days are done, or close to it! :(

BudgieStew

Currently I own a Infant Patapum
A LoveSeat
A Jackpack
A BabyHawk MT
A Hotsling
A AzureWrap Pouch
and have a Toddler Patapum on its way.

I will not even talk about what I have owned and sold;) Which include a AzureWrap, a Gyspy Mama Gauze Wrap, a Angel Pack MT, a Maya Wrap, and a Solarveil Ring Sling
I use them daily ...DS goes in the Stroller and DD on my back on our trek to daycare and back each day for the last 7 months. That is the work horse aspect of it...its also easier to do yard work or shopping with DD on my back when their is only one adult and two kid's. lol

Last edited:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I've thinned out my stash a lot in the past few months (due to hubby being laid off :( ), but my stash now consists of a 6-ish Red Waves (my :love: ), my workhorse Maya unpadded natural (i.e. plain jane), and a pretty new-to-me Beco (Morning Glory with khaki straps) that I'm enamored with at the moment. Seriously, it's great.

I've had pretty much every carrier 'type' that exists, with the exception of Onbus and Pods, which confuse the heck out of me. I won't go into what's gone in and out of my house :whistle:

P.S. Hi :happy-wavehello: Em, I 'know' you from TBW ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC