What strollers do you have? What do you use most?.....

emandbri

I mostly use a 2003 green mountain buggy, I have a 99 maclaren sprinter and a 2000 maclaren minstral but both aren't in very good shape (still need to call about getting them fixed), I also have a kidco grand finale that I was planning to sell but now I'm having second thoughts. I haven't used it in a while but I think I'll try it next week and see what I think.

ADS

Dillipop

We have the joovy caboose and the chicco tuscany. We definitely use the tuscany the most, being a single and small. We use the caboose when we know we will be somewhere DS1 would want to hitch a ride.

LuvBug

Well after everything I am finally down to my 2 mainstays: a maclaren vogue and a berg runabout single jogger. Im finally set for just about any walking condition in just 2 strollers lol!

lovinwaves

Peg P3 Pliko-Use mostly for the mall, shopping, our main all around stroller

Maclaren Quest
-just sold it, but we used it for the mall mainly

Rock Star Baby Candy-This stroller is replacing my just sold Maclaren. It will be here March 19th.

BOB, MBUD, or BJCSD-This stroller we haven't decided on yet. We have only test drove the BOB and unfortunately I think the MBUD is out of the question because we don't have a local dealer. A lady is coming to our house March 19th to drop off our RSB, and to let us test drive a BJCSD. This next double stroller (whichever we choose)will be our outdoor double stroller for parks, zoos, lake, beach, walks, parks, etc...

Graco DuoGlider-in the process of selling..My friend is borrowing it and thinks she is going to buy it from me.

lovinwaves

I mostly use a 2003 green mountain buggy, I have a 99 maclaren sprinter and a 2000 maclaren minstral but both aren't in very good shape (still need to call about getting them fixed), I also have a kidco grand finale that I was planning to sell but now I'm having second thoughts. I haven't used it in a while but I think I'll try it next week and see what I think.

Just curious as to what problems you have to get fixed on your Malarens?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have a P3 and a Chariot bike trailer that I use with the walking kit (when not using as a bike trailer) that I also use as a double .

Dillipop

I forgot, we also have an instep single jogger with fixed wheel. We use this primarily for the beach, since I don't jog!

emandbri

Just curious as to what problems you have to get fixed on your Malarens?

There is a post about it a while back. My sprinter I let my oldest use it way past the weight limit and the wheels are totally shot.

My minstral I flew when Benjamin was 14 months old and was frustrated in the airport carrying the MA so I put the marathon in the stroller and then put him in the MA and it hasn't been the same since, it doesn't turn as smooth.

I'm considering mailing them both to Maclaren to have them fixed but I need to call them because they might have the parts.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
A Maclaren Quest for errands/mall trips (it's always in the back of my van ready to be put to frequent use) and a Jeep Urban Terrain 3-wheeler with air filled tires that gets heaviest use in the spring/summer/fall for 2+ mile neighborhood or park walks. The Jeep has many miles on it over the past 2.5 years and has held up well other than the front tire slowly leaking and needing to be pumped up before each use. DH has a Graco Mosaic stashed in the trunk of his car for occasional use. He likes the Quest and finds it easier to steer and fold than the Mosaic, but prefers to use the Mosaic for his "solo Dad + DD2" outings because the Quest has a Pink Fleur cover. :p :) We gradually worked our way toward the umbrella folding strollers to stow in the cars and the Jeep for longer outdoor walks after having trouble finding one stroller to suit every purpose.

lovinwaves

A Maclaren Quest for errands/mall trips (it's always in the back of my van ready to be put to frequent use) and a Jeep Urban Terrain 3-wheeler with air filled tires that gets heaviest use in the spring/summer/fall for 2+ mile neighborhood or park walks. The Jeep has many miles on it over the past 2.5 years and has held up well other than the front tire slowly leaking and needing to be pumped up before each use. DH has a Graco Mosaic stashed in the trunk of his car for occasional use. He likes the Quest and finds it easier to steer and fold than the Mosaic, but prefers to use the Mosaic for his "solo Dad + DD2" outings because the Quest has a Pink Fleur cover. :p :) We gradually worked our way toward the umbrella folding strollers to stow in the cars and the Jeep for longer outdoor walks after having trouble finding one stroller to suit every purpose.

Check out the BJCSD (Baby Jogger City Series Double). That is one I am looking at right now. A nice stroller for malls and outdoors.

Also your comment about your DH cracked me up!! That sounds like my DH, When I say what color stroller do you want, he always say very firmly "BLACK!!". LOL, and he has his *own* special diaper bag for when he has the kids by himself. And wouldn't you guess.....it's all black also LOL!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
LOL, DH insisted we take home the formula sample diaper bag from the hospital because he really wanted the plain black diaper bag for the same reason. I agreed only so he could have the bag, then pried the formula company's badge off of the side of the bag. DH wanted to put a RedHat Linux sticker over the badge but it wouldn't stay on, lol. He doesn't want girly car seat covers on seats installed in his car either. Thanks for the stroller tip, I'll keep it in mind in case the Jeep stroller falls apart or I (ahem) encourage it to break.:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have my I'coo Pico 4 and bassinet wrapped up to send to Monika for her new niece (red and pink, soooo cute!) and my Kolcraft Universal 2 is about to go to DH's pregnant secretary.
I mostly use my 2004 grape Mountain Buggy Urban for walks, the Britax Verve and 2002 carbon Maclaren Volo (Bitsy's! It still looks great!)for trunk strollers, and Aria OH 2007 to replace both the Kolcraft and I'coo (works GREAT with the safeseat! and pushes beautifully, lighter than the Kolcraft!). The Phil & Ted's Smartbuggy and Combi City Savvy All Weather are about to find new homes (anyone want them? I won't be asking for much for them, lol).

lovinwaves

LOL, DH insisted we take home the formula sample diaper bag from the hospital because he really wanted the plain black diaper bag for the same reason. I agreed only so he could have the bag, then pried the formula company's badge off of the side of the bag. DH wanted to put a RedHat Linux sticker over the badge but it wouldn't stay on, lol. He doesn't want girly car seat covers on seats installed in his car either. Thanks for the stroller tip, I'll keep it in mind in case the Jeep stroller falls apart or I (ahem) encourage it to break.:)

OMG!!! :eek: That's exactly what we did!!! DH wanted to take that sample formula black bag home too, but I said "NO WAY, we just bought a $70 diaper I don't want to carry around a freebee!" Plus there is no way I was going to go around promoting Formula use. LOL!! Anyways, so we took a black permanent marker to it, and it has surprisingly held up really well, not bad for a freebee! :D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Where do you use your Smartbuggy?

Uh...in the house... :D

I *thought* it would be totally cool for use traveling to Hawaii last year, it is small, and the wheels are biggish enough for the roughish road we walk on there, but Leah needed more recline, and it's beyond my 'learning to fold it quickly' dexterity (there's a couple levers, I'll have to have DH show it to me again... I'm sure it's something you'd figure out if you used it a lot...you being the general you, not you you, lol). Oh, the handle can come out REALLY far, like a pro basketball player might almost be comfortable pushing it :D. It balances nicely, so it's not as weird as it looks to push. So I bought the Combi and took THAT to Hawaii, instead, lol.

:)

steph

I have a Peg Pliko P3 and a Bumbleride Rocket.

I use the Rocket for outdoors and my Peg for the Malls/casual walking.

I love both of them!! The Rocket is very eye catching, people always comment on it!

Morganthe

Silver Cross Mini in the Ascot pattern -- Love the tan plaid. It looks so snazzy :D Stays in trunk & mainly for light use such as malls, big zoos, etc..

Quinny Speedi -- Dk Purple. Love this thing and I'm very sad that I've rarely used it since moving back to the US. Great on off road terrain like gravel & dirt paths or any type of distance walking. It's a dream :)

I actually prefer toting dd on my back in an Ergo than always using the stroller. Not as much bother to push around or store when not needed with a fully walking child. DH has also used the Evenflo Snugli cross terrain backpack for carrying dd when we did light hiking. She still fits it, but there's no place to hike here :(

southpawboston

OMG!!! :eek: That's exactly what we did!!! DH wanted to take that sample formula black bag home too, but I said "NO WAY, we just bought a $70 diaper I don't want to carry around a freebee!" Plus there is no way I was going to go around promoting Formula use. LOL!! Anyways, so we took a black permanent marker to it, and it has surprisingly held up really well, not bad for a freebee! :D

add me to that list!!! plain black plastic diaper bag that was the freebie from the hospital... yep, that's mine (mine didn't have a promotional inscription on the outside, just the inside)! DW gets the expensive floral one (which is ripping already :rolleyes: )

super_grape

We have a Bugaboo Cameleon and a Peg Pliko P3.
We use the Bug when we want to keep the baby in her safeseat for
a quick trip since it's been so cold here but now that it's warming up
I find we're using the P3 the most, altho in the summer we use the bug more.

We've had a lot of strollers in the past and finally have a good combination that we're both really happy with...it only took almost 3 years of "testing" to finally get it right:p ! I would really like to have a lighter weight stroller for the car tho, like the new Aria or a smaller Mac.

southpawboston

strollers:

graco metrolite-- our first stroller, we hadn't done the research, but it served us really well anyway, now belongs to MIL because we had to get something smaller/lighter

graco duoglider-- our first duallie which we bought for DD2, but was a mistake; way too clunky. also belongs to MIL now ;)

maclaren twin triumph-- replaced the duoglider. difference is night and day-- like a MINI compared to a city bus.

britax esprit-- replaced the metrolite, but after just one month, we're getting rid of it. a wheel broke already.

maclaren triumph-- will be receiving it next week to replace the britax. can't wait!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC