I'm new here! and dont understand this site!

emy_lou

Hello... I'm new here and REALLY dont understand this site AT all... Can some one plz help me? This is the only place it seems to let me post... What do I do next? Thanks!!!:cool:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, post a question if you have one, we'll all jump in to help you answer it, and you'll learn the ropes in a jiffy! :thumbsup:

monstah

It can be confusing at first. When I first found this site I was --> :dizzy:
But, the more you poke around, the more it will make sense. I promise.

I kind of think of it like the way you would takes notes in school. The main page lists the "headings" (or forums) and then underneath are the "bullet points" (or sub forums).

Stick around, we love new faces! :D Looking forward to your questions!

It can be confusing at first. When I first found this site I was --> :dizzy:
But, the more you poke around, the more it will make sense. I promise.
:yeahthat:
be forewarned - hanging around here can get a bit addictive - but you'll be speaking fluent "carseat as a second language" in no time;)
One of the regulars here has a list of frequently used acronyms that can be very helpful when you're getting familiar with the forum

edited to add: since you're new here, don't worry if you're not sure whether your question belongs in the "general car seat question", "installation question", "carseat chat" or other sub-board - there are some very helpful moderators/admins here who will move questions to the appropriate sub-boards as needed :)

crstcrzy

I was lost at first too, but I promise the ladies (and gents) around here are great :) We bicker like family even! Its quite funny.
If you're wondering what the site is about, we're about child passenger safety. Many of us are Child Passenger Safety Technicians (US) or Child Restraint Systems Technicians (Canada), and what ever they happen to call it in other countries too! Lots of good vibes, and I hope you stick around!

WARNING: Car-Seat.org is ADDICTIVE.

Last edited:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Hello... I'm new here and REALLY dont understand this site AT all... Can some one plz help me? This is the only place it seems to let me post... What do I do next? Thanks!!!:cool:

Welcome! Please also check out the sticky posts in each forum for a great deal of information. In addition, our user guidelines can be found in our announcements forum http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=6 . If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

emy_lou

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I actually dont have any questions right now, as I am VERY car-seat friendly and do everything top notch. The reason I'm really here is because I was told to come here from a few different people. I'm in need of a 2nd cover for my DD's car seat so I can wash the one we are using. Its a {deleted}. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts or something before I can Post or Reply to anything in the FSOT section? And if so, how many? Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixels

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I actually dont have any questions right now, as I am VERY car-seat friendly and do everything top notch. The reason I'm really here is because I was told to come here from a few different people. I'm in need of a 2nd cover for my DD's car seat so I can wash the one we are using. Its a {deleted}. Do I have to have a certain amount of posts or something before I can Post or Reply to anything in the FSOT section? And if so, how many? Thanks! :D

There are requirements, but I don't know what they are off the top of my head. I think there's a Sticky in Swap that lists them. If not, I know it's buried in a post from Admin in the Announcements forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

emy_lou

Thank you. I read that earlier and was wondering about that. It says Senior Community Members , Technical Professionals and any member with a paid subscription may submit new threads, So does that mean I would have to pay someone to be able to post there?

And then it also says this, Senior Community Members are Community Members who have been registered for 1 year, have 100 posts and 50 reputation points. So does that mean I have to be a Senior Community Member or Community Member before I can post too? Thanks!

agurlsride

You dont have to be a Senior community member or community member to post in the general areas but you do if you want to post in the swap folder..in addition to the other criteria (number of posts, reputation points, etc) OR get a paid subscription.

emy_lou

You dont have to be a Senior community member or community member to post in the general areas but you do if you want to post in the swap folder..in addition to the other criteria (number of posts, reputation points, etc) OR get a paid subscription.

OH, so since I dont have enough posts I COULD pay to post in the FSOT part, just not the SWAP part? I thought that whole thing (FSOT) was the SWAP?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
OH, so since I dont have enough posts I COULD pay to post in the FSOT part, just not the SWAP part? I thought that whole thing (FSOT) was the SWAP?

You can post new posts in Swap or Swap-o-rama when you pay for a subscription OR get enough posts and reputation points. You can always offer to buy something in someone else's FS thread without subscribing. This is so we all 'know' each other and feel we can trust that the person offering to sell things will be a good, reliable seller. Obviously just being a buyer means you send your money and the seller sends you the item, so that's why it's ok to just respond to another person's for sale thread.
Posting your reputations (itrader, ebay) from other sites is a good way for us to know if newbies are trustworthy, so that even if you subscribe soon after joining, people won't be afraid to buy from you :)

mish

FSOT is SWAP. You are correct. And I think you are able to read the swap forums, just not post a new thread. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You could search for the cover and if someone has it for sale send them a pm.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Generally, you will not be able to create a new thread if you do not have access. This includes the swap forums, the technician forum, the articles/reviews forums and various community forums.

If you have child passenger safety related questions, you may post them in the Car Seats forum and subforums.

As mentioned, the sticky posts in each forum contain a great deal of information.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Posting your reputations (itrader, ebay) from other sites is a good way for us to know if newbies are trustworthy, so that even if you subscribe soon after joining, people won't be afraid to buy from you :)

Thanks, Julie, that's a great idea for anyone new to swap here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC