He doesn't want to give it back!

AtTheSouthDam

So I took the RN out of DH's car recently and yesterday he was going to the store and DD2 wanted to ride in his car. He was ready to go so I threw in the YS. I :love: :love: :love: this seat now for seat belt installs. It is so easy and quick compared to the RN. So I threw that in and installed in like 30 secs.

Now he doesn't want to give it back. He even went so far as to throw the "his car need the extra SIP that the Young Sort provides" argument. I can't really argue with that....

I think I need another Young Sport...

[swap content snipped by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

AtTheSouthDam

:ROTFLMAO:

Is it a 40lb rf RN? :whistle:

They both are ;) DH didn't want the Princess one in his car (despite the fact I thought it would look great in his tan interior) so when I saw the Granite 65SL on Clearance at Target I grabbed it for him, though it is unlikely she'll need such high RF limit.

I have taught him well if he is using my arguments against me. He also likes how easy it is to install and said he wouldn't worry about having to remove it for friends or whatever then having to get it back in himself (RF RN are not fun ;)) He likes it enough he would probably have no problems with me getting another. I am not sure which is worse, a husband who thinks all the seats are over kill or one who is an enabler!

Spam, you're an enabler too! I hope it comes out in Opal :D

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
In keeping with the forum's Swap guidelines, some posts were edited or removed due to swap content. Please communicate via PM or through the dedicated Swap section of the forum if you wish to arrange a swap. Thanks.

AtTheSouthDam

Sorry...

I was being sarcastic in the original post and I suppose I should have mentioned it would be in swap if/when I was serious...

fyrfightermomma

Isn't it the best? I hope the new one is just as easy to install. It's literally like .8 seconds to put the thing in any car either LATCH or seatbelt. It's my only seat that I trust to bring along for any car :)

pj2rc

pardon my ignorance ... but which seat is RN ... is it the Radian? You all mentioned how easy it is to move in and out, but also said it is a pain RF. I was considering ordering a Radian to keep my DD RF a bit longer after hearing about the deals people got today (diff post) but then found posts saying it doesn't work well in Sienna - at least RF -- so didn't. I don't really get that, because my Sienna is so spacious, I wouldn't have thought anything wouldn't fit. But I can't afford 2 and my mom takes my kids in her car way to freq not to keep a seat there too, so I am torn.

AtTheSouthDam

pardon my ignorance ... but which seat is RN ... is it the Radian? You all mentioned how easy it is to move in and out, but also said it is a pain RF. I was considering ordering a Radian to keep my DD RF a bit longer after hearing about the deals people got today (diff post) but then found posts saying it doesn't work well in Sienna - at least RF -- so didn't. I don't really get that, because my Sienna is so spacious, I wouldn't have thought anything wouldn't fit. But I can't afford 2 and my mom takes my kids in her car way to freq not to keep a seat there too, so I am torn.

The Radian is a bit more difficult to get rear facing in my husbands Civic than the YS (or Recaro Young sport in the case :)) The Young Sport is the most awesome of forward facing seats but impractical for most of the population as it only has 40# harness limit. For the price there are better options for most kids . My second daughter will likely not hit 40# before 5.5-6 years so I chose this as her FF seat and she has occasionally used it. She also has 40# RF radians that she usually rides in. But it is the YoungSport that I was referring to being the easiest seat I have ever installed and I have had Britax's with LATCH so that is saying something :p

As far as the Radians in a Sienna I heard the are much easier with the older style bot but those are becoming hard to find. In fact a RF radian can be difficult in most man vans with bench seats. I have one of the few Freestars it is compatible with.

pj2rc

this isn't for a bench seat, it's 2nd row captain's chairs in an 05 Toyota. DD is currently RF in a Titan. I hoped to get her to the end of this year at which time she will be 2.5 and that seat expires. Then I was going to move her FF ... but, she is a bit bigger than DD 1 was and I am not sure she will make it that long .. and she has a big head -- lol. but her head has consistently been over 95th percentile since she was born ... I may be silly, but got thinking I should keep her RF a bit longer because she may be more inclined to whiplash or whichever it is that they get FF ---- I know the head snaps forward - but my brain is dead at this hour! going to bed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC