Hyundai Sonata anyone??

scuby20

So our 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan will be paid off by the end of this year....my husband desperatly needs a new car so he can transport the kids also. Currently he has an 01 Daewoo Lanos (looks like a roller skate lol)....I won't let him put the kids in his car!
We are looking at a sedan for him, and he likes the Hyundai Sonata. We would ideally like a 2010 that is slightly used, or I guess a new 2011. But we really would rather buy slightly used because as soon as you drive a "new" vehicle off the lot, it depreciates! So......anyone drive a newer sonata? What do you like/dislike? How do the Radian XT and complete air fit in those? What would you buy instead of Sonata? Just trying to get the most current up to date recommendations from anyone! Thanks :)

ADS

myliljunebugs

I have a 2006, I think that is the same Gen as the 2010 (the 2011 I know is a new gen). The Radian fits rear or forward facing like a dream, very upright (see siggy pics) but I haven't ever tried the CA in it. I love everything about my car ;) BUT don't get the 4 cyl. It is worthless. I had to drive one for a week as a loaner while my car was getting a recall fixed and it stunk. :p

rosey2007

I currently drive a 07 Hyundai Elantra and really love this car. I have also test drove a 07 Hyundai Sonota and liked this car also. What I like about my Elantra is that it has more of the sporty stuff in it but it is also considered a mid sized car. I like the blue illumination that it offeres as well. The Sonata had traction control and my Elantra didn't, but it the higher up models have it. That was about it for liking the Sonota. The one thing that I remember was the Sonata only has an automatic transmission and I really love my manual transmission. They kept trying to sell me on that shiftmatic thing but it is not the same lol.

scuby20

yeah, my husband has manual right now, and really wants automatic. We live in a place where he is on the highway a lot...which sounds good for manual, but when I-5 gets backed up....it's hard because you are stopping and going A LOT.......thanks for the comparison on the two :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC