Radian 65 in 2006 or 2007 Dodge quad-cab 3/4 ton truck?

JaRylan

Does anyone know if the Radian installs well in this vehicle? My son is 45lbs so it could be installed with LATCH or seatbelt.

Thanks,

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
What is the LATCH limits on that vehicle?

FWIW, I looked at carseatdata.org and it didnt fit well in a 2001 dodge dakota, but that was all I could find.

Mom2nj

I don't know what the back seat looks like of the Dodge, but I got my DD's Radian to fit in a 2006 or 07 Ford 150 that is a quad cab, using Latch. I didn't try with the seat belt. The Radian was actually easier to get in than my DS's Marathon because the vehicle seat sits so upright and the Radian doesn't have a much recline FF than the MA does FF. I had to really push the MA back in hard a couple times to get it to fit tight against the back of the seat, with the Radian I did not, put it in, hooked the Latch and tether pulled tight, and was done. Rock Solid.

Well, I know a Regent and a Marathon do NOT work because the back of the child seat is too tall and it presses against the back window way too much. I could get a tight install with either - but it literally could have bowed the window it was pressing so hard. I felt like one small bump into a poll or something would have that window shattering. This was in a regular 4 door cab, where the vehicle seats headrest is almost touching the window, not the Mega Cab, which has a little more room (but costs more moolah, LOL).

So anyway, based on that, and knowing that the Radian is tall also, I would guess it would be iffy. But perhaps the top of the Radian is at a different agle and it could work.

We went with a Ford also.;) They are a dream to install in!

JaRylan

I think it is likely the "more moolah" version of the truck that he will be driving (it's the work truck for the company he is with), so here's to hoping. If it doesnt fit in the back could it be installed in the front passenger with the airbags shut off and seat all the way back? The thought of doing this makes me cringe.

tjham

Well, I know a Regent and a Marathon do NOT work because the back of the child seat is too tall and it presses against the back window way too much. I could get a tight install with either - but it literally could have bowed the window it was pressing so hard. I felt like one small bump into a poll or something would have that window shattering. This was in a regular 4 door cab, where the vehicle seats headrest is almost touching the window, not the Mega Cab, which has a little more room (but costs more moolah, LOL).

So anyway, based on that, and knowing that the Radian is tall also, I would guess it would be iffy. But perhaps the top of the Radian is at a different agle and it could work.

We went with a Ford also.;) They are a dream to install in!

I thought the Radian was pretty low? I was thinking about getting one for middle back seat, Ford F250, lap belt.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
In the 1500, I've gotten a Radian and MA FF.

This is assuming headrests. I'm not sure I did either in the middle seat, which is the only seat without headrests in the 1500.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC