Baby monitor

canadianmom2three

We have been doing some renovations, and will soon be moving our bed down to the very basement level of our 4 level split, so that each of the kids can have their own rooms (which are on the top level). I have made some changes, such as installing smoke detectors in all their rooms, and carbon monoxide detectors on all levels of the house, new locks for upstairs doors to the exterior that do not involve the keyed deadbolts we used to haveetc, but the one thing that is still bothering me is I am concerned about not being able to hear the kids calling out to me in the night. I have been thinking about getting a baby monitor to keep in the bathroom (most central location upstairs with a plug:eek: no plugs in the hall, and all kids sleep with their doors closed) Any suggestions about one that will look kind of sophisticated in the bathroom, that will have a good range, and what I am really looking for, is one where the base actually plugs right into the wall, so there will not be a lot of cord laying around on the fairly small bathroom counter. Also, a neat feature would be if it would work both ways - ie like a walkie talkie, so I could listen, but also talk up to the kids...hmmmmm now that I read all of that, maybe I need to design my own monitor and make big $$$ :p TIA for any suggestions

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have the fisher price monitor. Not anything spectacular but it works well. My only thought about having the monitor in the bathroom, is you will be able to here everything that goes on in your bathroom loud and clear in your room. My friends have a 3 story house, they all sleep upstairs but the TV is all the way down stairs. She has a fisher price monitor in the youngest's room and when downstairs you can hear calling/talking from all their kids in their upstairs rooms.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
My brother and SIL just bought phones that have handsets that can be used as room monitors. I'm not sure which kind they have, but they're pretty sleek-looking - black instead of "baby monitor white", etc. I don't know of all the features but since it's a phone I'm sure you can talk to the kids...? Probably has an intercom/2-way-radio feature, I guess.

southpawboston

we have safety 1st monitors, and they work very well. what's important is not so much the brand (they all use common parts made by other companies) but that they operate at 900MHz. that gives a pretty clear signal. but if you use 900MHz cordless phones in your house, they *may* interfere (but not necessarily). our monitor even works all the way out into the yard, if i'm working out in the yard while DD1 is napping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC