Old bucket sighting- panic then laughter

IsasMom

I was at the mall today and saw a young man/older teen with some friends. Moments before I had seen a quite pregnant teen so I guess I was a bit desensitized. This man-boy was holding a flimsy looking car-seat with an older print cover. At first glance I think it was a Century. My heart sank as I worried for the safety of this vulnerable infant. Do the parents not care? Too young and uneducated to know better? Need access to financial resources? Should I say something?
Second glance... Silly me. It's just a doll in the seat! One of those class project computerized needy dolls. They are issued with old car-seats. I didn't take a third glance to make out the brand of seat since the poor guy was probably feeling silly enough about the doll!

ADS

Irishmama

Oh, that's too funny. I can just picture the poor kid having to carry around that doll. Thanks for sharing!

MoreLatte

Yes, DD had one of those dolls a month or so ago and it was hysterical! It would cry in the middle of the night and we'd hear her mumbling and rustling around trying to get a hold of it to put the key in it. They are heavy! And it came in an old Century three-point bucket.

Angela

I had one too. After just setting it in the front seat of my car, my mom told me that babies in carseats weren't supposed to be in the front. I don't believe I moved it though and I don't think I even tried to install it. Wow, I've learned a lot since then. :)

J-max

CPST Instructor
Dh had one of those his senior year - after we were married, living on our own, and had a 4 mo old baby - I about when postal when it work up our real baby.

nmb

Dh had one of those his senior year - after we were married, living on our own, and had a 4 mo old baby - I about when postal when it work up our real baby.

Ok, that's too funny. Seriously?!
Totally useless to carry the doll around at that point! Makes you wonder if the teachers stop and think at all... are they really "teaching" anything if they don't take into account student's individual situations...

nursingnellie

Those things are hilarious - and HIGHLY annoying to the other teachers when they go off in class.

Though it is very funny to be walking around the room checking work and catch sight of the old Century seat...especially when not expecting it!

J-max

CPST Instructor
Ok, that's too funny. Seriously?!
Totally useless to carry the doll around at that point! Makes you wonder if the teachers stop and think at all... are they really "teaching" anything if they don't take into account student's individual situations...

Yea, it was :thumbsdown:. He talked to the teacher and she refused to let him out of it, "It was a requirement of the class" which he had to take to graduate and she could not allow any exceptions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC