Free Pile seats!

rodentranger

Today I scored three expired seats from the side of the road!

I got a SR with DOM 2001, a FP infant seat and a FP convertible. Both of the FP seats have t-shields, but I can't find them on the pictorial.

Pics as soon as the boys aren't sleeping on me anymore. I dare not disturb the sickies!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Today I scored three expired seats from the side of the road!

I got a SR with DOM 2001, a FP infant seat and a FP convertible. Both of the FP seats have t-shields, but I can't find them on the pictorial.

Pics as soon as the boys aren't sleeping on me anymore. I dare not disturb the sickies!

That's quite the score! :) Did you check the link at the bottom of the pictorial for the Color Pictorial Archive for seats made from 1981-1998? Maybe the FP seats are so old that they are in there instead of the main Pictorial Guide.

rodentranger

That's quite the score! :) Did you check the link at the bottom of the pictorial for the Color Pictorial Archive for seats made from 1981-1998? Maybe the FP seats are so old that they are in there instead of the main Pictorial Guide.

Yup!Both are on there. Both the baby blue FP infant seat, and the blueish FP convertible (both '90-95).

The infant seat has the manual attached still!

mommyfrog

Awww...My first two babies used a blue Fisher Price infant seat. It belonged to my sister first. She used it for her two kids, who are now 20 and 18!!

christineka

Ooh. Is this the infant seat?
ecominghome.jpg

That's dd1 all prepared to leave the hospital. It was a second hand car seat. (With an aftermarket headrest.)

mommyfrog

Ooh. Is this the infant seat?
ecominghome.jpg

That's dd1 all prepared to leave the hospital. It was a second hand car seat. (With an aftermarket headrest.)

Oh my goodness. That's just how my second one looked leaving the hospital. He was born in December, so all bundled up in fluffy bunting. First one was born in May, so I think she just had a sleeper and a hat, maybe a thin blanket over that. Well, I really liked that car seat. I was sad when they came out with the ones with handles because they were shaped different and I couldn't carry them balanced on my hip like that one. The handles hurt my arms!!

rodentranger

PIcs!
FP Convertible first:
P1020602.jpg

YDS (current stats in siggy)
P1020603.jpg

Pretty interesting sticker. Is that saying 40 lbs and 40" for rf? If so, tehre's no way the kid would be within the shell!
P1020607.jpg

FP infant seat:
P1020604.jpg

P1020606.jpg

P1020605.jpg

"New" looking SR, that is indeed expired (and moldy)
P1020608.jpg

mommyfrog

LOL. My sister had one of the convertibles too. I never inherited that one though because the rubbery t-shield broke into two pieces. Yikes!!

Cryssy Jane

PIcs!
FP Convertible first:
P1020602.jpg

Oh my goodness look at how big he's getting!!!!! wowza. oh and I think it's 40lbs and 40 inches for the carseat in general not just rear facing. A 40lbs rf seat in 1989... i don't think so ;) on a second note, I'm pretty sure I had this seat when i was little... off to look at photo albums.

Cryssy Jane

I stole the infant T shield from Jessi. Walked to the kitchen and walked back and found baby like this. Seat was initially on the floor, sorry for bad lighting. She fits both by height and weight.

IMG_0824.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg

Specialksw03

CPS Technician
my friends little brother had that infant seat in the early 90s. their mom carried that thing on her hip wherever they went. i don't think they ever used a stroller

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I realize this isn't exactly on topic, but I wanted to post a picture of my car seat. I'm wondering what it is. The picture was taken in 86, and I was born in 84. Does it look familiar to anyone? Sorry I'm covering most of it, but this is my only picture of it. Also, let me know if the picture doesn't show. I don't really know what I'm doing.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31142557&id=1063265240

That looks so similar to the seat that me and 2 of my brothers used (born in '77, '79, and '84). I will never forget that black vinyl (or maybe it was actually leather?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC