Touriva issues

swtgi1982

Anyone else have issues with the Touriva with the gap in the back of the shell in the bottom under the padding causing a child's spine to be rubbed red to the point of bleeding? This happened to my baby the other day.

Here are the gaps I am talking about
IMG_0092.jpg

ADS

mish

I haven't heard of that. It sounds awful though. How long was baby in the seat? Can you possible adjust the recline at all to see if that alleviates the pressure?

swtgi1982

Ok so they are sending me a new pad free of charge. But still anyone else have this issue? Just curious since I know those spots are not on newer models nor on the scenera which is merely another form of this seat.

swtgi1982

I haven't heard of that. It sounds awful though. How long was baby in the seat? Can you possible adjust the recline at all to see if that alleviates the pressure?

Like all of 15 minutes if that. I think now that he is almost 6mon I may try to put it more upright I will see if that helps.

mish

Wow. It is horrible that it left a mark after such a short time. Not that it would be ok for after a long time either. I do think I would try to install it a little more upright.

swtgi1982

Ok so I got the new pad from dorel and it is not any better! It still leaves red marks after short trips from those gaps. The seat is only usable FF. That is the only way it does not leave marks, DD still barely fits in it FF.

mish

I'm sorry. I was hoping it would be resolved with the new pads. Do you have an alternative? Do you have to use that seat?

swtgi1982

Not right now, but I was just merely trying to report an issue with it, as it happened in the past with my older DS when he was little, but the keep acting like I am to blame and not wanting to look into it. I think there is truly an issue with the design of the seat. When I went to big lots the other day, the newer ones do not have this gap, I looked at the display model, so apparently there was an issue since they changed the design, but they are not wanting to admit it.

mish

I don't think the touriva is being made anymore is it? I thought it was discontinued. I know that doesn't change your issue. It is clearly a problem. I had never heard of it before your thread.

swtgi1982

nope pictorial shows it current as of 2009

I have only seen it for sale at places like big lots

if dorel not want to deal with it I may just turn in a complaint else where.

mommyfrog

I have the same issue with a Cosco Regal Ride (looks just like Scenera)I have. I got it from a good friend who I trust and I've only used it a few times. The only time any baby complained is when my ds was in it on a trip to the zoo. He kept crying on the way there and when we got there he had terrible red marks on his back. He had to ride in it on the way home too but didn't cry. I think he was positioned a little different because my sister put him in to go and I put him in to come back. Anyway, it's going to expire next month and I'm glad. I now have a good excuse to buy a different spare seat!!

swtgi1982

I have the same issue with a Cosco Regal Ride (looks just like Scenera)I have. I got it from a good friend who I trust and I've only used it a few times. The only time any baby complained is when my ds was in it on a trip to the zoo. He kept crying on the way there and when we got there he had terrible red marks on his back. He had to ride in it on the way home too but didn't cry. I think he was positioned a little different because my sister put him in to go and I put him in to come back. Anyway, it's going to expire next month and I'm glad. I now have a good excuse to buy a different spare seat!!

The regal ride is the same shell according to the pictorial as the touriva

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC