what is the difference between these TB?

rachelandtyke

(besides the pattern, obviously)

I know there is the "cheap" HBTB at Target.
There is this more expensive one at BRU: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2899788
There is this "most" expensive one in a few places, although it is discounted:
http://www.lonestarbaby.com/graco-turbo-booster-dlx-milan.html

I can't find anything about a DLX on the Graco website. Are they discontinued? Are they nicer than the more expensive ones at BRU? What is the difference between the ones at Target and BRU? Is it more than just the cover?

ETA: OK and here is just a personal preference question. If you were going to get one of the higher end HBTB, would you get that or a Recaro Vivo that is about the same price?

Not moving DD to a booster yet, but starting to think about it and what we might like to get . . . Recommendations are a TB or Vivo based on her size. :)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I have a "deluxe" Turbobooster -- it has extra Gracopedic foam and cushions, and that's about it. I wouldn't have paid extra for it, but it happened to be on sale and was the cheapest the week I was booster-shopping.

Daughter says the Turbo is more comfortable than the Vivo -- the Vivo felt shallow to her. I'm sure this is just a personal preference.

christineka

The lower end ones have no padding in them. The more expensive ones have gracopedic foam in the seat portion. In crash tests the ones without padding performed better, but maybe those were tc's crash tests? I don't remember.

My kids really like the vivo because it is cozier than the tb. I like the vivo better because it has side impact protection. The tb does too, but it's not much. My dd would fall over while asleep in the tb, but not in the vivo.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have a TB Lizard in Line from Kmart and it's plenty plush, and has EPS. I paid $35 for it on sale at Kmart.

I wouldn't personally spend $80 on a TB, I'd save the extra $60 and get a Monterey or other latchable booster. :twocents:

Angela

Looking around it doesn't look like there's any difference between any of them. It looks like the retail stores (Target, Wal-mart, K-mart) don't even sell the really cheap ones with hardly any padding anymore. I just looked online so they may have the 'cheaper' ones at the stores.

My opinion of the TB... we like it. My DS has no head slump in it and the belt fits him well. Plus it's light to move around for field trips at school.

I haven't had a chance to look at the Vivo, so I don't have an opinion either way on that. I've heard that it's pretty narrow though. My DS is pretty 'wide' and he fits well in the TB.

Chameleon

We have both one of the nicer TB and also got it because of a coupon or trade in at BRU. We also have a Vivo. In my opinion it is much easier for my DD to buckle herself in the TB versus the Vivo. She also says she prefers the TB, but I think that may have to do with the padding on it and it's purple color lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC