6 Week Old in Britax Convertible

Jonah Baby

Here's my (very unhappy) baby trying out a Boulevard CS for size.
He'll be 6 weeks old tomorrow.

Please ignore the sad face. I was wearing him when I decided to inflict such torture.

SDC12807.jpg

SDC12808.jpg

ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Awwww soooo cute! I'm actually suprised at how close the harness is to his shoulders! It looks just a little above, as opposed to my children who had miles of space until 10 and 7 months!

Jonah Baby

He was almost dead even with the straps.
I would feel totally comfortable using this seat with him starting *now*, it was just that good.
Too bad the top slots are only 17".

Maedze

More like 16.25-16.5 on the Boulevard. The infinite adjust loses about a half inch in over all harness height.

Super cute :thumbsup:

steph_s

Please ignore the sad face. I was wearing him when I decided to inflict such torture.

He might as well learn at a young age that mommy is going to make him try out a million car seats between now and when he sits in a regular seat belt!

I am shocked at out big your little ones are though! My son didn't fit in the blvd until he was 13m old and my foster kids don't typically fit until at least 7-8 months old!

Jonah Baby

He might as well learn at a young age that mommy is going to make him try out a million car seats between now and when he sits in a regular seat belt!

I am shocked at out big your little ones are though! My son didn't fit in the blvd until he was 13m old and my foster kids don't typically fit until at least 7-8 months old!

I don't understand how I grow them so big when...I'm not so big...

dmpmercury

I didn't realize boulevards weren't great for newborns with my dd but I did know the harness had to be at the shoulders. The fit was actually pretty good. A nurse even took a look who knew it had to be at the shoulders and she said it loked good. I know it was nothing like the pictures of newbies in marathons I see on here with the straps way above the shoulders. I wonder if they go a little lower than marathon or maybe the infant pillow props them up a bit. She wasn't a big newborn either but her height was all torso at the time. I had my friend's ds in it around 2 months and it fit him and would of if he was a little smaller.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I didn't realize boulevards weren't great for newborns with my dd but I did know the harness had to be at the shoulders. The fit was actually pretty good. A nurse even took a look who knew it had to be at the shoulders and she said it loked good. I know it was nothing like the pictures of newbies in marathons I see on here with the straps way above the shoulders. I wonder if they go a little lower than marathon or maybe the infant pillow props them up a bit. She wasn't a big newborn either but her height was all torso at the time. I had my friend's ds in it around 2 months and it fit him and would of if he was a little smaller.

THe harness does go about half inch lower than the marathon for the same reason that the top slots are about half inch lower, the infinite harness:)

ds 2 weeks in the decathlon, a little slouchy.
IMG_3189_4.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC