Our Allegiant Flight Story

jnamommy

I traveled Allegiant with ds and dd. I carried the Radian on my back, and used a GoGoKidz for the Roundabout. This was great through security - they never made me take the wheels off the GoGoKidz, and even let me wear dd through security in my meitai. As a side benefit, the GoGoKidz fasicnated ds, who entertained himself in the airport by pushing it around. On the flight out of Phoenix, we ended up being the last ones on the plane. So getting two kids, two carseats, and the carryon luggage all the way to the back of the plane was very hectic. THe GoGoKidz was too wide for the airline aisle, so a flight attendant had to help me. I had no probs installing either seat. They did tell me the rear facing seat had to go by the window. The seatbelt buckle on the Radian ended up right behind ds's back, but he never complained and I never told him :whistle: So on the way there, we had the RF Roundabout by the window, the a FF Radian in the middle, then me. The Roundabout fit, but I cannot imagine anything with a taller shell fitting RF very easily. The Radian was great bc it was so low, and allowed my ds to use the tray table.

On the way home, my mom was with us. So we had two sets of two seats. Again, both seats installed super easy. And the kids were so good. The airlines thought I was crazy when I purchased a ticket for my dd, since she is under 2. But there is no way she would have sat on my lap that long! And I needed her seat when we got there anyway. She was perfectly content in her seat.

On the way from Phx, they never asked about the type of carseat or questioned the install. On the way home, there was kind of a jerk at the check in desk that did not seem to like all my carryon luggage (even though the bulk of it was carseats). He tried to taKe them from me, and when I inofrmed him I was using them on thw plane, he rudely asked me "are those seats airline certified" and when I said yes he simply hrummphed and turned away. But no one either direction actually asked to see the stickers or even checked if the seats were installed tightly.

I would never, ever travel again with a lap child. It was hectic with the seats, and I was slightly sore from the radian, but it was so worth it during the flight.

Last edited:
ADS

SavsMom

I will be flying Allegiant in June - have flown them before but used a BV, since then I have sold the BV and on this trip I will more than likely be taking a Nautilus (due to issues with the vehicle we will be in when we arrive at our destination the Radian won't fit and my Symph 65 might be a bit large for use on the plane) - how do you think the Nauti would fit on the plane?

MomToEliEm

Thanks for letting us know about your positive your experience with Allegiant. When i flew with both my kids alone, I hated dragging their carseats, but was happy to have them on the plane since they typically would sleep.

morninglori

I did almost the same with you on Southwest, but instead of a Roundabout, I had a Marathon. The MA sat upright, but DS was able to sleep just fine.

RN on my back, MA on gogokids.

I upgrated my older the GOGOkids with the ratchet strap and that makes getting it on and off the carseat so easy! The screws they had previously were time consuming.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
how do you think the Nauti would fit on the plane?

I have flown with a Nauti on an Allegiant Air flight :thumbsup:

I flew from Phx-Bellingham on Allegiant's inaugural flight (of that particular destination). It was a little tough getting the stroller, both car seats, and both kids onto the plane since you have to go out onto the tarmac and up the ramp, but it was doable. Both kids promptly fell asleep as we were taking off, and since it was the inaugural flight I got unlimited free champagne :eek: and both kids slept the whole flight :eek:. Best flight I've ever been on :whistle:

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Thank you for sharing your story!!! My dh and I were talking about a trip to CA with Allegiant air and he was worried about it being a smaller airline and having issues with bringing along the car seats. I LOVE Allegiants prices we can actually afford 4 plane tickets with them. But I'd want to buy a coccoro to fly with which would drive the price of a vaction up LOL!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC