News Simplicity Cribs Recalled by Retailers; Mattress-Support Collapse Can Cause Suffocation and Strangulation

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is announcing the recall of all Simplicity full-size cribs with tubular metal mattress-support frames. This recall includes fixed-side and drop-side cribs. These cribs pose a risk of serious injury or death due to entrapment, strangulation, suffocation and fall hazards to infants and toddlers.

More...

ADS

nevaehsmommy

So I have the simplicity ellis crib that IS under recall. But the company went belly up. So I am out my money?? Not that Neveah ever has slept in the crib...

nevaehsmommy

Call where you bought it from, see what they will do.

I actually bought it from a salvage baby store that would buy up other companies clearanced products...Neat little store. Mom and Pop type store. No longer in business. Not really that big of a deal to me but what about others who do use cribs. What do they do.... as in tonight and the next few until they can afford a new crib?

skitle1802

I bought mine from AAFES when I worked there, I don't anymore and don't have shopping privileges anymore either. I'm going to call today to see if there is anthing they can do for me.

JamieB

Sears won't do anything for me :( I guess I won't buy my new one there! I just can't believe i'm not going to get anything for my old one. Crazy:thumbsdown:

skitle1802

I had no problems returning to AAFES today. Got a couple of nice new things for the fam!:thumbsup:
If Sears won't help, I'd call the CPSC hotline and ask them if they are obligated or call another retailer.

2BunniesMommy

Oh man! I have one of the Graco recalled cribs! We also had one of the Simplicity ones that was recalled last July. This is getting old. I wonder if Walmart will take the Graco back even though the recall info says there is a repair kit. I am just not sure how I feel about a repair kit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC